shape
carat
color
clarity

Misogynist tweet

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://news.wgbh.org/2017/03/15/politics-government/major-new-study-shows-political-polarization-mainly-right-wing

"What's at issue here is not just asymmetrical polarization but asymmetrical news consumption. The left and the center avail themselves of real journalism, however flawed it may be, while the right gorges on what is essentially political propaganda — all the while denigrating anything that contradicts their worldview as “fake news.”"

Ruby, I'm not saying that the news you read itself is fake news. But it is political propaganda, and is used as a distraction from the terrible things being proposed by the administration. I think the tax return leak was another distraction. People I know who are really interested in where this country is heading, are discussing the budget proposed by Trump, which if it goes through congress and senate, would have a terrible effect on: the poor, elderly and the hungry, on education, science and health, and on our competiveness with other countries.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure fox is gonna run any kind of story they can to turn attention away from the fact that Trump is eliminating federal funding for Meals on Wheels.

Meals

On

Freaking

Wheels.

The republican party is digging a hole they will never be able to climb out of.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1489766503|4141255 said:
I'm sure fox is gonna run any kind of story they can to turn attention away from the fact that Trump is eliminating federal funding for Meals on Wheels.

Meals

On

Freaking

Wheels.

Yes. Trump can forgo 1 freaking weekend at Mara Lago (our gov is paying about 3 mill in security, travel costs each time he does this), to pay for the entire year's budget of meals on wheels.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meals on Wheels is not going anywhere. Community Development Block Grants are used for things that the communities should be paying for themselves like the art sculpture or sign as you enter town, or the new fancy road signs or lighting that a city wants. That is not the job of the federal government to pay for those things. I have reviewed these grant requests and have always thought it is improper use of federal taxpayer dollars.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/eriksherman/2017/03/16/liberals-stop-saying-that-trump-will-kill-meals-on-wheels/#7da6d84e3395

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1489767249|4141259 said:
Meals on Wheels is not going anywhere. Community Development Block Grants are used for things that the communities should be paying for themselves like the art sculpture or sign as you enter town, or the new fancy road signs or lighting that a city wants. That is not the job of the federal government to pay for those things. I have reviewed these grant requests and have always thought it is improper use of federal taxpayer dollars.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/eriksherman/2017/03/16/liberals-stop-saying-that-trump-will-kill-meals-on-wheels/#7da6d84e3395

I had just read this very article. Meal on wheels isn't going anywhere.
from Forbes:

Update (March 17):

A number of readers have written in after seeing a note on the Meals on Wheels site that said 35% of funding for the program comes from federal sources. That is correct, only those sources are not the ones in question here.

There is an umbrella Meals on Wheels organization and it receives 3.3 percent of its funding through the Community Development Block Grant program. If the CDBG is cut as proposed in the Trump budget — and there is no guarantee that Congress will accept even the rough budget outline presented — then that amount of funding to the national Meals on Wheels would be cut.

The national organization partners with some 5,000 local groups that actually prepare and deliver the meals. Those groups do get 35 percent of their funding form federal sources, but the money for nutrition programs comes for the Older Americans Act Title IIIC, which is administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Those funds are not the ones in question and why I wrote that cutting the CDBG program does not eliminate Meals on Wheels.

This is an example of why it is important to take time, go through details, and not expand claims or alarms beyond what is factual. As so many fear for Meals on Wheels, there’s been less attention on what else might be at stake with a potential CDBG cut. For some large states, the impact is worth hundreds of millions of dollars a year. (I’ll post more about that later.) In addition, if all the attention for Meals on Wheels is on the CDBG cuts, will anyone also be looking at potential changes in OAA Title IIIC funding by Congress? Details matter.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best reply to that article:

“Stop saying Trump wants to eliminate federal funding for Meals on Wheels just because it is 100% accurate that he’s eliminating federal funding for Meals on Wheels! I mean, other people help pay for it too, and it makes us sound bad.”

Alrighty, then.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1489767814|4141264 said:

“Stop saying Trump wants to eliminate federal funding for Meals on Wheels just because it is 100% accurate that he’s eliminating federal funding for Meals on Wheels! I mean, other people help pay for it too, and it makes us sound bad.”

Alrighty, then.

So you are opposed to reviewing and reassigning how federal taxpayer dollars are spent to limit waste and duplicate programs?

But, but, but,.... Meals on Wheels!!!!!

https://www.cagw.org/

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1489768096|4141265 said:

Alrighty, then.

So you are opposed to reviewing and reassigning how federal taxpayer dollars are spent to limit waste and duplicate programs?

Citizens against government waste. MILLIONS of dollars for Trump to go to Mar a Lago every other weekend. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1489768345|4141267 said:
redwood66|1489768096|4141265 said:

Alrighty, then.

Citizens against government waste. MILLIONS of dollars for Trump to go to Mar a Lago every other weekend. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he cuts the spending like he is planning I am good with it. We'll see how his travels stack up to other presidents. :D

siv1

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1489708684|4141064 said:
The rapper said in a since-deleted tweet Wednesday, "Ayo @realDonaldTrump shut your punk a-- up talking s--t about my uncle @SnoopDogg before we pimp your wife and make her work for us."

How about a tweet from this misogynist loonatic?

And who cares if he ultimately deleted it?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/03/16/bow-wow-tweets-wants-to-pimp-out-melania-trump-over-snoop-trump-feud.html

Notice how the few responses you received have NOTHING to do with the tweet or the video where Snoop Dog shoots a Trump clown in the head.

I guess, since it's about President Trump and his family it's ok to assassinate him or "pimp your wife".

Can we say BIAS? I think we can.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Meals

On

Freaking

Wheels.

Read this on aol which is very far leaning left.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
siv1|1489771227|4141284 said:
The rapper said in a since-deleted tweet Wednesday, "Ayo @realDonaldTrump shut your punk a-- up talking s--t about my uncle @SnoopDogg before we pimp your wife and make her work for us."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/03/16/bow-wow-tweets-wants-to-pimp-out-melania-trump-over-snoop-trump-feud.html

Notice how the few responses you received have NOTHING to do with the tweet or the video where Snoop Dog shoots a Trump clown in the head.

I guess, since it's about President Trump and his family it's ok to assassinate him or "pimp your wife".

SIV, I never expected responses. It is why I phrased the title that way, so ambiguous. Many were probably salivating I was posting about Trump. Judging by the number, at least a lot read it.

Yes, rap music artists here - not old men who continue to be defamed here.

Can you imagine if one of them posted about pimping out Mrs. Obama?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Meals

On

Freaking

Wheels.

This one is dear to my heart as I volunteer for meals on wheels at my home town senior community center.

Thankfully, our program will go on as planned.

I 100% agree, that eliminating it is cold hearted.

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I think anyone who stoops to insulting Melania or her son in any way because they dislike President Trump
are the lowest of the low and most also then turn around and say how against bullying they are and how
they're all for women's rights. Really?! Quite hypocritical. If a person is not intelligent enough to have a political discussion that
doesn't involve insulting the beautiful, smart, multilingual Melania or her bright 10 year old child- they should just zip it :silenced:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Kbell|1489774521|4141312 said:

I think anyone who stoops to insulting Melania or her son in any way because they dislike President Trump
are the lowest of the low and most also then turn around and say how against bullying they are and how
they're all for women's rights. Really?! Quite hypocritical. If a person is not intelligent enough to have a political discussion that
doesn't involve insulting the beautiful, smart, multilingual Melania or her bright 10 year old child- they should just zip it :silenced:

What bothers me is these are the same women who wear p*ssy hats and don't grab t shirts., and brought this up for months here.

Either you are for women's rights or you are not - but do not base in on who says it.

But some will just reply that since it was done to Carter's daughter or the Obama girls that this is just payback.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could not agree more with what Part Gypsy and Soxfan said. This is just another tactic to take away from Trump's s$&t storm.

No sane person would find what Snoop Dog said acceptable. Comparing Trump's words as the POTUS to Snoop Dogs words is ridiculous.
This is another Red Herring thread that is laughable.

And saying Melania is an intellegent person is up for debate. Look who she chose to marry. if her goal was to live the lifestyle she has now, she got what she wanted. No amount of money would be worth it to most women if he was part of the package. There is no way I could have any respect for anyone who has said and done things Trump has done. Then again she has made living apart from him a reality. She may be smarter than I am giving her credit for.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shad Moss is a p.o.s. misogynist and what he tweeted was disgusting. Next sensational article post, please! Thanks!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1489775881|4141317 said:
Could not agree more with what Part Gypsy and Soxfan said. This is just another tactic to take away from Trump's s$&t storm.

No sane person would find what Snoop Dog said acceptable. Comparing Trump's words as the POTUS to Snoop Dogs words is ridiculous.
This is another Red Herring thread that is laughable.

And saying Melania is an intellegent person is up for debate. Look who she chose to marry. if her goal was to live the lifestyle she has now, she got what she wanted. No amount of money would be worth it to most women if he was part of the package. There is no way I could have any respect for anyone who has said and done things Trump has done. Then again she has made living apart from him a reality. She may be smarter than I am giving her credit for.

Then why was the person who disparaged what the Obama girls were wearing hounded unmercifully and lost her job over it?

And again what does one issue have to do with another. We are all big girls and boys here who can multi task.

I can bring up one issue and still be concerned with another.

As far as her living apart from Trump for the time being is what makes her a great mom. It is so her son can finish out the year, but you already knew that.

And if you want to talk about marrying for money look into the sports community, music community, and TV and motion picture community as well as every trophy wife on the arm of some millionaire.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1489776075|4141321 said:
Shad Moss is a p.o.s. misogynist and what he tweeted was disgusting. Next sensational article post, please! Thanks!

How about this one, Monarch?

Did you see Ashleyy Judd's reaction in Kentucky at a basket ball game I believe.

Some fan approached her asking for a picture with her, and she was apparently delighted a fan recognized her.

Afterwards he casually mentioned that we are Trump supporters here.

She want bat crap crazy that she was terrified for her well being. and whined that there should be safe places where politics cannot be discussed.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1489776789|4141324 said:

Did you see Ashleyy Judd's reaction in Kentucky at a basket ball game I believe.

Some fan approached her asking for a picture with her, and she was apparently delighted a fan recognized her.

She want bat crap crazy that she was terrified for her well being. and whined that there should be safe places where politics cannot be discussed.

Ashley Judd is a batshit crazy liberal p.o.s. Ok, 10-4.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1489776877|4141327 said:

Ashley Judd is a batshit crazy liberal p.o.s. Ok, 10-4.

There does seem to be more and more of them lately showing their true colors.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

I don't think she should have whined that there should be safe spaces where politics shouldn't be discussed especially given how vocal she's been, but did you read her account of the encounter? She described the man as telling her "We like Trump" with hostility. It doesn't sound like it was just a "casual mention" either. Especially after he decided to take a picture of her (not with her as she was expecting) 6 inches from her face.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1489774387|4141311 said:

Meals

On

Freaking

Wheels.

This one is dear to my heart as I volunteer for meals on wheels at my home town senior community center.

Thankfully, our program will go on as planned.

I 100% agree, that eliminating it is cold hearted.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ashley Judd, some rapper I've never heard of? Riveting. Way to keep your finger firmly on the pulse of relevant American pop culture :clap:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't think anyone is condoning what Snoop dog did in a rap video. Regarding what you said above, actually, I did post on another thread when you said something similar, that if people said similar things about Obama, what an uproar there would be. Someone else posted how Obama's likeness was "lynched". I remember myself all the horrible things people said about Obama. I posted what Trump's butler said about both Obama and Mrs. Obama, while they were still president and first lady on Facebook (hint: far worse than being "pimped out"). Deafening silence on your end. Can we say BIAS? I think we can.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1489779032|4141341 said:

I don't think anyone is condoning what Snoop dog did in a rap video. Regarding what you said above, actually, I did post on another thread when you said something similar, that if people said similar things about Obama, what an uproar there would be. Someone else posted how Obama's likeness was "lynched". I remember myself all the horrible things people said about Obama. I posted what Trump's butler said about both Obama and Mrs. Obama, while they were still president and first lady on Facebook (hint: far worse than being "pimped out"). Deafening silence on your end. Can we say BIAS? I think we can.

Again what does one have to do with the other.

And, really, something worse then "pimping" a woman out" especially after the uproar here about P and grab?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby, you might be one of the most entertaining characters on my internet. Never change! :appl:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1489780664|4141353 said:
Ruby, you might be one of the most entertaining characters on my internet. Never change! :appl:

I am true to myself and the older I get the more I will stand up to BS.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1489780819|4141354 said:
monarch64|1489780664|4141353 said:

I am true to myself and the older I get the more I will stand up to BS.

You're like the Don Quixote of PS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results