shape
carat
color
clarity

Mini vent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
BF is getting his Bachelor''s in Dec. and is planning to start his Master''s in the Spring. Today he told me the only reason he''s wanting to go to grad school is to put off getting a job as long as possible. I thought he was joking around but he was dead serious. While I appreciate his honesty (lol), um... I''m a llittle turned off by that. Not to mention dismayed... he''s told me he only wants to propose to me once he''s financially stable. I feel like, after grad school, what will be the excuse then? Anyway, our 5th anni is coming up in Dec. as well, and I couldn''t help but feel a little down. While I understand that his reasons are his own and that this is the time where he should be enjoying himself and growing etc, it''s forcing my plans to the backburner also.

And well, I just need some cheering up.
8.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
(((hugs))))

That''s a difficult situation. Has he discussed whether or not he sees the two of you as forever, or is this what you''ve come to expect after 5 years with him? This would be a good thing to know. But one good thing of him getting his graduate education out of the way is that it won''t happen further down the road, like when you''re married and have young children. Then he won''t have an excuse about why he can''t help out.

Anyway, good luck!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh, fuzzers! ((((HUGS))))

I can understand where you''re coming from and why you''re upset. I''m pretty sure the last thing we want to hear from our SOs is that they don''t want to grow up and will stay in school to avoid doing so. At least he''s getting his graduate degree??? But I really do think it''s important to figure out where you and BF stand, like Austen said.

Hopefully he wants to avoid getting a job because he doesn''t think he could get the one he wants in the current economy???

Regardless, more (((HUGS))) to you!

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys for the hugs! He assured me today that he has better reasons for wanting to continue his schooling, and I believe him now that I''m out of self-pity mode. He could get a great job right now if he wanted to (he''s interning at a great place that I think would hire him in a second), but he just doesn''t want to just yet. I understand, though. It''s just a matter of boy vs. girl, Mars vs. Venus... I have to learn to just go with it.

I''m feeling a little better today, but still part of me wonders if I should remain on the List because an engagement isn''t within sight just yet. I just dread getting all the way to the top of the List!
39.gif
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results