shape
carat
color
clarity

Mini-stepper

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have one? Can it help with weight loss?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Well... if you''re moving and sweating instead of sitting on the sofa, then it will aid in weight loss. I store my road cycle on a trainer in front of my big TV so when I sit down to watch a show and relax in the evening I am normally guilted into getting on it and pedaling. While I''m not busting buns and out of the saddle, I''m moving. It''s better than nothing.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharper Image uesd to have one that you could keep in your cube...for work. I was like that is genius. I do so many conf calls I could be like working out while on them..HAHAA. Nevermind that our cubes are like 2/3 walls so people would be like what the heck is she doing. But then they went out of biz. So I never got a chance to try it!

But Miss P is right...moving anything burns calories, so it would prob work as part of a more extensive fitness plan.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I bought it for my mom, but I''m house sitting so I''ve been using it for the last three days. It''s very convenient! I watched an hour of tv and got a bit of a workout.

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have the one from SI. I try to use it 2-3 times a week as an alternative to cardio on the elliptical. I am not sure how it compares to a standard stair machine, but I agree it burns more calories than doing nothing! As long as you work up to and maintain your target heart rate for your goal (fat burning, cardiovascular health etc) your time is well spent!

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I have one that I purchased from a sporting goods store for $50 - $60. It worked great while it lasted. It has a cable that goes around a plastic pully. After a few months of daily use, say 30 min/day, the pully wore just enough that the cable slipped out of the groove, off the edge of the pully, and it chewed up the pully in the process. If I can find a suitable non-plastic pully, I could repair the stepper to better-than-new. I really haven''t had time to pursue that. So, for now, it''s junk, lol.

Free advice: Check the potential purchase for presence of a cheapo plastic pully.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I have one by the Sharper Image. Before this one I owned one by NordicTrack....I wore that one out!

I primarily use my treadmill & elliptical, but days when I can''t spend an hour on those machiines, it gives me a nice quick little workout (also helps me to warm up before I do my Pilates or yoga). I don''t spend more than 15 minutes on it, which I believe is what the instructions recommend.

Sharperimage on-line doesn''t carry it, but NordicTrack does (I think it is a better quality than you will find at stores like Walmart) http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_12401_10301_71701_-1_19555

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results