shape
carat
color
clarity

mine cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ashleyr

Rough_Rock
Please help, if you can.
I have been given a ring with mine cut diamonds to use in my own ring design.
Should I look for a mine cut diamond to match, or will a briliant look okay too?
Where can I find Mine cut Diamonds? Do regular jewelers and retailers sell them still?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
most regular jewelers do not carry or stock old cut stones. You''ll have to find an antique or estate jeweler.
Dave Atlas carries old cut stone he''s at Gemappraisers.com

you can also try Fay Cullen she sells loose stones.
I would give Dave a call and tell him what you have and what your looking for. He can guide you in the right direction.

ashleyr

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much. I will check that out.
I am in uncharted territory, and need help

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait a minute... what match is this: between a large stone an tiny pointer accents or between the center and larger sides ? The first case would work with anything , IMO, just because the size difference is so great (I doubt OMC melee exists, but you may find single cuts to get that vintage feel to a tee). For the second I woul look for a match of some sort - a pair of OMC shoul be feasible just because the model is still done today to some extent. However, finding some that also match the cut of your stone will probably be hard and better left to a jeweler to do - the proportions and look of OMC varies allot.

Just my 0.2...

Any chance we could see your stone ?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results