shape
carat
color
clarity

mine cut diamond value

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tinkyy

Rough_Rock
We are looking at an estate piece with mine cut sides, I know this means that the stone is different, but what does this do to the 1) value of the diamonds 2)compared to similar size brilliant or other cut 3)is the brilliance of mine cuts noticeably duller? Help!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2004 5:28:12 PM
Author:tinkyy
We are looking at an estate piece with mine cut sides, I know this means that the stone is different, but what does this do to the 1) value of the diamonds 2)compared to similar size brilliant or other cut 3)is the brilliance of mine cuts noticeably duller? Help!
Just my o.2 - there are not generaly accepted stats that I know of.

#1. you may wnat to compare with the prices for modern emerald cuts, and towards the lower range for each color & clarity and weight range.

#2. optics go all over the place: there is no standard OMC and some are way better than others - pretty much the same situation as for modern fancies only even more variation from case to case is expected (by me, at least). They make lots of sense in antique jewelry and once you like their look, it's hard to look back
10.gif

There is one blessed old mine cut that passed through the cribble of GoodOldGold tests of optics. Here's the LINK.

I could not know if that is an old stone or an old-mine-style cut yesterday (more likely). Aside the very fine antique pieces, OMC are not that brilliant, as far as my expectations go.

Hope this helps a bit.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea how long did Jonathan have to dig for this happy camper !
2.gif

OMCgog.JPG

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh you''re *evil* Valeria for showing me that OMC! No flashy RB can make my heart leap the way an OMC does. The charm, the history, the character! Thank God it''s over my price range!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
are you looking at the sapphire and old mine from khordipour? if so just buy it if you love it...............old mines and old cushions and old europeans are largely eye of the beholder in so far as value especially as a side stone

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I too love old cut diamonds.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2004 7:49:16 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Simple definition of a wealthy man: ''man who earns more money than his wife can spend''

Analysts heave searched for years, but to no avail.
Haven''t found that, but the reverse is also true, believe me
40.gif
Perhaps there is just no limit for spending someone else''s
11.gif

tinkyy

Rough_Rock
yes the ring from khodiphur. We haven''t seen it in person yet, but wanted to know how to compare the price of the stones. Thanks for the discussion everyone! Just from what we''re researched, it seems that side mine cuts are something we should stay away from.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results