shape
carat
color
clarity

Military

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Andrea (and whomever else has kids in their life) Here is a website that helps with explaining war issues to children. It is a site that primarily has information for teachers, but it can easily be adjusted and used by parents.

www.cmionline.org

It is the Crisis Management Institute's web page.

Also the Family Support Centers on the military bases have excellent information about how to talk to kids at a variety of age/developmental levels.
read.gif

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info, but my kids are only 3.5yrs, and 15 mos.
My daughter understands that her Dad periodically goes away for the Navy, but thats the extent of it.
What I meant was, like any good parent, I worry what could happen to them. If not now, down the road.
THX
Andrea
wavey.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Andrea,
All kids are different. Some 3.5 year olds are very affected, others not so much. My son was 3.5 when my husband was deployed for 4 months. I had his dad videotape bedtime stories and we would have "WDAD TV".

I have two very close friends who are married to Navy people. I admire them very much. It is damn hard!

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I agree
15.gif

My daughter doesn't understand the concept of time, at least from day to day, but she does know about the time my husband SHOULD be home, and when he doesn't show, she gets a little put out.
Welcome to my world. He's in construction, so nothing around here is constant.
2.gif

And on the subject of war, we just got word that two seabees from his unit were killed
15.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

We haven't heard who they were, but none-the-less, it's going to be a rough deal
sad.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Andrea,
Sorry for your loss. The military is a family to many and it is terrible to lose a member of the family.
cry.gif
It also brings home the reality that we are all quite mortal and it certainly brings the reality of war *home*.

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
I work for the Marine Corps and personally know 4 Marines over there. As far as I know, they are safe. I cannot say as much for a coworkers brother.
8.gif
He was a Marine out of Camp Pendleton. My coworker got word yesterday that his brother was killed.
cry.gif
We don't know how yet.

Although most of you are already doing so, please remember to keep all of the brave, noble, heroic men and women of our armed forces in your thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results