shape
carat
color
clarity

Milgrain repair question

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
MArk at ERD custom made my ring. I do love it but there were a couple of issues. One of the stones in the channel set was off and a bit of the milgrain was sloppy. He told me the channel is repaired and he is doing his best he can on the milgrain other than creating a new ring....HUH? my questions is...is milgrain difficult to repair? I never anticipated having to start over. Needless to say, I am a bit stressed. What if it is not up to my standards? My initial reaction is to just say "OK" it is fine but then I think that I want it to be perfect.If it has to be remade, it has to be remade. If he has to remake should I skip the milgrain for fear it is the same? OEY VEY. I would call Mark right away but he is out of town until Monday.

Does anyone have any experience with milgrain repair or thoughts on this?
C

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Can you post a picture?

pmbspyder

Rough_Rock
my personal opinion (and this is only my opinion) is that for a purchase such as this you have every right to be as detail oriented and picky as possible. I lost a lot of sleep over the process because I am a perfectionist and also very ocd about everything, but I stuck to my guns and didn't waiver. The result is that I came out with the perfect ring that I think my gf will absolutely fall in love with. I say don't back down and tell it exactly as you see it. Just my $.02

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
I do not have any detailed close up pics. Mark will be sending me pics on Monday so that I may determine if it is up to my standards. I will post them. On a side note, ERD's website is not working for the past two days.

cmaha33

Rough_Rock
Hi, Donna. I basically went through recently what you are going through now. I ordered a Varna ring and had problems with the way some of the stones were set and the milgraining. They said that's just what happens with a handcrafted ring, a statement which is untrue, since I already have a Philip Press ring which is perfect. Anyway, I sent the Varna ring to another jeweler who said they would have to remake the whole ring...in the end, the milgraining was perfect, but unfortunately there were other unrelated issues. Needless, to say, since I am a perfectionist, too, (I am a dentist who wears loupes all day), I have not worn a wedding ring in four years. I just basically sold both rings for scrap. Hope your project turns out better than mine did. I am now saving up to get another ring from Philip Press; I would rather spend oodles of money for a ring that I know is going to be of excellent quality than have to deal with the stress of remaking another inferior ring.

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
I absolutely trust that Mark will do the right thing for me and make it right. I will keep everyone posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results