shape
carat
color
clarity

Miley Cyrus admits she doesn't like her engagement ring

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She announced on Ellen that the ring Liam Helmsworth gave her, a 3.5 carat Neil Lane, isn't her style. Okay, now I can appreciate that an engagement ring is a personal thing and while I believe you should love it, going on a national tv show to announce this is just so low and tacky. I personally think she needs to reinvent her image from this trashy want to be cool and eclectic persona, it's just not a good look.

I feel awful for him, what an embarrassment, I mean if you don't like the ring you either have a conversation about it privately or you learn to love it. I would go with the latter but everyone is different.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3878884/Miley-Cyrus-confirms-Liam-Hemsworth-engagement-talks-wearing-3-5-carat-sparkler-despite-unique-tastes.html

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why do you think that's low and tacky? Expressing an opinion, is just that, an opinion. She doesn't strike me as someone who hasn't already told Liam that she doesn't love the ring. I didn't love the first e-ring my DH gave me... and I've reset and upgraded several times since then. When people ask my why, I say - "I didn't like the ring."

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it tacky that she did this on a national talk show. Maybe they have talked about it, maybe she is just putting it out there because she is forthright. Whatever the case, my opinion of her expressing her dislike of her ring is that it makes her look ungrateful and like she isn't taking his feelings into account, that maybe having your fiancé express this publicly is embarrassing.

My issue isn't that she didn't like the ring, some things are better kept between couples, this is one of them but that's just IMO.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"..and (Hemsworth’s) kind of like, ‘What’s going on?’ It’s like, ‘Well, this isn’t really my aesthetic, but I’ll wear it ‘cause you love me.’”

Sounds to me like they have discussed it, and I'm sure it's no surprise to him that she might mention something like this on a national talk show. And given that her taste is far from conventional, I'm not surprised that she isn't crazy about this ring, or wouldn't be crazy about any ring selected for her without her input.

I appreciate that she brought this up, that she was willing to discuss what we at PS all know... men don't always pick right when it comes to engagement rings, and most should probably take extra steps to understand what their girlfriends would like in a ring before selecting an engagement ring. Or better yet, make the ring selection a joint adventure!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It should not have been discussed on National television. It is OK to tell your fiance you do not like it-for sure- but not in front of others.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought they broke it off? :confused: (hell what do I know right? LOL)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SL, Miley and her parents aren't exactly known for their grace and tact...

Liam is probably like "no worries, plenty more money and ego where that came from!" :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1477600768|4091305 said:
SL, Miley and her parents aren't exactly known for their grace and tact...

Liam is probably like "no worries, plenty more money and ego where that came from!" :lol:

That is a fine looking man, I wouldn't need a ring or much else I think ;-)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is an on again and off again relationship, and you can't really argue he got it wrong because Neil Lane said that she had a heavy hand in designing it and that the pair of them designed it together quote, 'Miley specifically wanted it set in gold. She didn't want platinum. She liked the gold because it was different and unique, like her. She didn't want anything classic or generic.'

I think it's a case of American's not getting the irony of what she is saying because she clearly says in the interview she is used to wearing fake jewellery all the time that is like wearing gummi bears, and she isn't used to wearing real jewellery, so I think when she said it's not her aesthetic, because she is used to wearing cheap junk jewellery and that is more what she usually wears, not because she hates this ring.

It's an antique stone set in yellow gold;

miley_c_ring_1.jpg

miley_c.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Off topic but does anyone else think her tattoos look like club door stamps all over her arm?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1477615195|4091375 said:
Off topic but does anyone else think her tattoos look like club door stamps all over her arm?

YES!!!! I totally thought WTF was she thinking when I saw that photo of her arms!!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miley seems very "young". Hopefully as she gets older she will mature and appreciate the things she has more.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont understand what is immature about stating an opinion.

she doesnt like it, if she wanted to she could get another one, clearly shes attached to it even if its not her style. Id find it hard to believe she hasnt told her fiance about it, and i see no problem with a woman being honest.

I dont fall into the camp of she should just shut up and be happy someone will marry her .

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She helped design the ring, so I guess she's changed her mind since she was 20 years old. No big shocker there. I remember Fergie got a beautiful ER, then she reset it into what I considered an ugly setting, because it "suited" her better. Whatever. I take it with a grain of salt. Miley may say one thing in public to seem relatable to her young audience, but in private I'm sure she does love the ring as she said. OTOH, it's also her prerogative to change it too. She seems way too young to be engaged, but we'll see how that turns out I guess.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you like her as much as she likes her ring :lol: :lol:

Anyways, I also don't see what the big deal is. Especially on a PS forum. Women reset their engagement rings ALL the time. Some still keep their original for sentimental value. Maybe she will get a new ring (as many many MANY women have done), and still keep the old one because it is the one he proposed with. Who knows. Who cares? Its not your money.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1477682264|4091587 said:

Anyways, I also don't see what the big deal is. Especially on a PS forum. Women reset their engagement rings ALL the time. Some still keep their original for sentimental value. Maybe she will get a new ring (as many many MANY women have done), and still keep the old one because it is the one he proposed with. Who knows. Who cares? Its not your money.

True, not a fan at all. That aside, she could have just said thank you and kept it moving. That's all, just my observation. True, not my money, in the end I couldn't care less but if she is going to make a public statement about it then I get to have an opinion about it.

I upgraded my original set, no judgement for anyone who doesn't like a ring or upgrades.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
MINIMS said:
"..and (Hemsworth’s) kind of like, ‘What’s going on?’ It’s like, ‘Well, this isn’t really my aesthetic, but I’ll wear it ‘cause you love me.’”[\quote]

I am not a Miley fan but don't fault her for not loving it. I do think it is interesting that she says she'll wear it "cause you love me" as opposed to she'll wear it because she loves him. Not loving a piece of jewelry and discussing with her partner is one thing but she comes across poorly discussing it in this way.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: Seriously.

I *love* that she went on tv to say that.
It tells US, the normal every day people whose lives are shaped by media, that it's normal to not love something SOMEONE ELSE buys you. And you are NOT forced to like it. Her whole life is on TV, who the f cares if she mentioned this also on TV?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm it's so pretty, but he should give her a diamond mickey mouse or something that she treasures.. seriously.. people all have different tastes.. I would love her ring myself.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love her ring, but I understand that it doesn't match what she likes. And she can upgrade or get a new one. A lot of people do. She's a little older than I am and I helped my fiancé choose a ring and he surprised me when he proposed but I knew what the ring may look like, and I was very happy. I don't think it was tacky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1477718261|4091689 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: Seriously.

I *love* that she went on tv to say that.
It tells US, the normal every day people whose lives are shaped by media, that it's normal to not love something SOMEONE ELSE buys you. And you are NOT forced to like it. Her whole life is on TV, who the f cares if she mentioned this also on TV?

I agree. I love it.

I more so wish she had a ring that was more her style. Like, I don't know, a ring from ivyNY ring or something. I feel like she just got engaged too young. She didn't know her style and didn't think about anything other than a round diamond.

ivy_newyork_1044834323922669849.png

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Considering how many of us have upgrades here, I think Miley might not be alone! :lol:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was under the impression that she picked her ring at the time it was purchased. I understand things change. She was much more sedate then. She should get something that suits her more if she doesn't like it. Maybe like a diamond marijuana leaf ring.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1477950361|4092450 said:
I was under the impression that she picked her ring at the time it was purchased. I understand things change. She was much more sedate then. She should get something that suits her more if she doesn't like it. Maybe like a diamond marijuana leaf ring.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1477950361|4092450 said:

A stone for a stoner?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results