shape
carat
color
clarity

Mikaella 1367

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!
So as some of you may have read in another of my threads, I found a dress I LOVED (Jasmine f821), and then found out my best friend from high school will be wearing the same dress at her wedding (as did a girl in my med school class). I still love the dress, but I am exploring other options since I will have guests that overlap from both of their weddings.

I am looking for a place in North Carolina to try on Mikaella Bridal 1367, but I am having no luck finding one. Anyone know of any small boutiques in southern VA or northern SC that might have it? I don''t want to order a $1500 dress without trying it on!

Also, if anyone has worn this dress, I would love to see a picture!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Boo! This is a quick post because I am posting from my phone. I will, though, find pics of me in this dress for you tonight when I get home (probably won''t be until late though). I also tried on several dresses similar to both the Mikaella and the Jasmine dress and will see if I can wrangle up some links with my take on them. Hopefully others can help you, too!

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Excellent. I appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you later today!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That''s a really pretty dress! It''s quite similar to the Pronovias Diamante; have you checked that one out? Pronovias is very popular and (I think) in the same price range, so you may have better luck finding the Diamante.

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
I agree that it''s similar to the Pronovias Diamante. The main difference that has me stuck on the Mikaella dress is that it appears to have more of a spaghetti strap look in the front than the Diamante does. I am relatively small built and have no boobs to speak of, and I think the Diamante (like Casabalanca 1831) will end up looking like way too much fabric on me.

I like these dresses in that the straps don''t just look like glued on spaghetti straps, but there''s a fine line in what looks perfect (for me) and what looks like it''s totally covering me.

peony14

Rough_Rock
I''m coming out of lurkdom because I tried on the Mikaella 1367 and Pronovias Diamante last weekend. I was IN LOVE with the Mikaella before I tried it on and was pretty sure it was going to be "the one." It is very, very pretty in person. I liked the thinner straps on the Mikaella and that the back dips down in a slight "v", where the Diamante has wider straps and goes straight across in back. Even though I was in love with the Mikaella, I didn''t like it on me. So I would caution about buying it without trying it on! The two things that I didn''t like (and you might not have these issues, I just wanted to throw them out there)...it is more of a dropped waist than I thought from the photos (which isn''t very flattering on me personally), and there was a lot more tulle than I thought so, for me, it was a little bit too "poufy" (from the photos, I didn''t think it was poufy at all).

I hope this helped a little and I hope that you get to try it on and love it! It really is beautiful in person, it just wasn''t right for my body. I would post the pics of me in it, but I don''t think they''re flattering at all!

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Welcome, Peony!!! And thanks so much for your response! I''m glad you''ve joined us other posters - it''s fun to get new opinions.

If you block out your face, you could always post the pictures and not have to worry! I would still love to see them. But I completely understand if you don''t want to.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree with Peony that you should try the dress on before you buy it. If you found it at some crazy deal, then, maybe. But, at full price, no way.

Also, to go off what Peony said, I think these style of dresses really work for a particular body type (like most dresses). I am busty, short, and incredibly long waisted. Hopefully this comes through in the pictures. I remember reading in your past post that you were attracted to strapped dresses because you are small busted. I am not sure that these dresses would be good for small busts because (at least I feel) that they play off of a big difference between the bust and the waist. If you are small busted and even smaller waisted, it could work, though. I think the long waist, though, is probably most important for the asymmetry. As a point of reference, the last time I was measured, I was 39-28-39.

Here I am in the Mikaella 1367:

kat.wearing.mikaella.1367.for.boo.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
And here I am in the Pronovias Diamante. In both pictures, I have the crinoline tucked between my knees. I agree that both were fuller than I thought, but I planned on removing any crinoline from my dress from the beginning to simplify it.

Between the two, I liked the Diamante best. It was better fabric, more artistically draped, and a better color. At least at the salon I was at, the Mikaella 1367 only came in beige (which was really ivory). With your other color being red, I think that a white dress might look better, but that is just my opinion.

kat.diamante.for.boo.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
As for similar dresses that I tried on that I can suggest are:

Martina Liana 231

This Maggie Sottero Destinations. I also tried the Laine Layne and Hala.

I loved this PoB, but it was out of my budget.

Otherwise, I felt that this Val Stefani, this Casablanca, and this Mori Lee were also comparable.

If I were small chested, I would have gotten the J.Crew Genevieve in a second.

I feel like a total threadjacker, but I hope this has been helpful. I tried on all these dresses except the Genevieve and can tell you more if there is anything you want to know.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Only one more, promise! I ended up with the Mikaella 1233. The cut is very, very similar, and it is an older style so it might be easier to find.

Good luck!

kat.at.filenes.front.for.boo.jpg

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for your help, katamari! You are not a threadjacker - you're a wonderful PSer!

I am so glad to see pictures of the Mikaella - not on the model! I am certainly small chested but I also have a small waist (34A-24-35) and I am 5'7". I think I am still going to give it a try. After several calls yesterday evening, I found one store about an hour and a half away who just got the dress in on Monday.

The dress is definitely much more dropped waist than I had anticipated, but I still think it's worth a shot :)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
booswim have you ever seen those bra's with silcone type stuff in them I think they are called water bras they do wonders as a push up and help maximize a small chest. They may be an option if you fall in love with a dress but feel like you need a little extra.

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Haha...yes. They are my secret weapon. I should bring one along when I try on these dresses...

Thx :)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Your welcome :), a friend of mine swaers by them.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Glad I could help, Boo! I can''t hear to wait about your dress shopping excursion.

Also, FYI, if you do end up loving the Mikealla 1367, the salon I tried it on at is having a 20-25% off sale right now on all their gowns, which makes this dress about $1050. I am not sure how bargaining works in the bridal biz, but it might be leverage to get a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results