shape
carat
color
clarity

Midwest GTG - anyone game for the August gem show?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you believe all this stuff???

4show0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The happy PSers!

5show0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops!!!

5Ashow0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the happy hands of happy PSers with a new bit of bling!

6show0001.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the pictures. what a fun place...love the pics of the PS''ers too.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want that ring in the middle.
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a great time and Dee Jay, you know I would have bought that 5 carat emerald if he had only come down a few hundred more!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
You ladies sure look like you had a great time! I was thinking about you all this morning while I was at the hospital. It sounds horrible, but I was so sad I couldn''t make it. My uncle is doing much better and we got some good news this morning, so it was a relief. However, I''m happy you had a great time! It looks like something worth checking out again, so if anyone is interested in checking out the December show I''ll mark my calendar now! =) I''m heading to Florida for a weekend with my honey and a couple friends but we haven''t decided which weekend yet, so hopefully it won''t be that one. Congrats on the new baubles!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irish - We did indeed have a great time, and we're very sorry that you couldn't join us. But December is just a short while away.

Mrs. S. - You HAVE to come with us next time! Bribe the happy hubby to watch the kids and make a roadtrip!!!

Ellen - I don't think that Catmom is giving that ring up at this point... but you could *ask*...

And Catmom - We'll have to bring in *The Negotiator* next time. You SHOULD own that 5 ct emerald and if we can get him down an extra few hundred.... mm mm mmmm!!!

Hope Blenheim and her fiance are doing better getting home than they did getting her. Traffic due to the construction right now is just a nightmare...

ETA: The diet starts TOMORROW. No even waiting for Monday after seeing these pics--even my fingers are fat, LOL!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2006 9:02:13 PM
Author: Ellen
30.gif
Thanks, Ellen, but I think I''ll keep it.
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures DeeJay! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and who wouldn''t at a gem show for heaven''s sake!!!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww gee.. Pictures too...

Sorry I could not be there today; but I pan on making it in December.

Note that I''m not a cute as all of you... But i''m sure I''ll fit in.

Irish.., and the others... Mark December on your calandar

Perry

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Consider it marked!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some reason I was thinking the Decmeber show started December 18th and I thought, damn that's WAY TO CLOSE to Chirstmas if you're hoping for the show to find your present, but now I see it starts on the 8th. Whew!

Now Perry, mark us in IN INK becuase we really want you next time!!! We're counting on you to be the "bad cop" in the negotiating department so that we can get that extra $ off the 5 ct emerald!

And Irish -- you're down too! (How are your negotiating skills?
2.gif
)

Sundial--where are you? Are you in the midwest?

And I promise to give the happy hubby better instructions next time on what to take photos of. These few pics really don't capture the size or the scope of what was going on there. LOTS of gems and jewelry!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 11:12:10 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
For some reason I was thinking the Decmeber show started December 18th and I thought, damn that''s WAY TO CLOSE to Chirstmas if you''re hoping for the show to find your present, but now I see it starts on the 8th. Whew!

Now Perry, mark us in IN INK becuase we really want you next time!!! We''re counting on your to be the ''bad cop'' so that we can get that extra $ off the 5 ct emerald!

And Irish -- you''re down too! (How are your negotiating skills?
2.gif
)

Sundial--where are you? Are you in the midwest?

And I promise to give the happy hubby better instructions next time on what to take photos of. These few pics really don''t capture the size or the scope of what was going on there. LOTS of gems and jewelry!
Sadly no, not even close. I''m in New Mexico so I''ll just have to live vicariously through everyone''s adventures.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial - there MUST be other PSers out there too (???). Start a thread and maybe they'll pop up!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes...Dee*Jay...You do not want me as a negotiator. I won''t say I''m bad at it, but I''ve never tried nor have I wanted to. (Read: I''m afraid I will be bad at it.)
3.gif

On the other hand, I''m SO HAPPY everyone is already excited for the December show! I was bummed to have to skip my first GTG at the last minute, especially since it was so close! I''m looking forward to December with you all!
1.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Well, after a five hour dance party and sing along in the car (thanks to DJ Blenheim and her mad IPod skills), we''re back. The journey was both shorter and more energetic than this morning''s, thankfully.

I had sooo much fun today! That 6 ct made J fall in love with cushions, heehee. Never too early to plant the suggestion of another diamond.
11.gif
I have to admit that I was feeling mildly overwhelmed by the end -- there were just SO many sparkly things. So much so, in fact, that I completely forgot to mention my second jewelry purchase of the day to the rest of my companions: yellow gold studs. (Well, J was in on it.) I love them for a casual look. I can try to take some pictures tomorrow if you''d like.

I''m sorry you couldn''t make it, IrishAngel. I''m glad your uncle is doing better.

By the way, Catmom, Dee Jay has my contact info if you''d like to get it from her. I realized after I left that we didn''t exchange it.

Ok, definitely time for bed.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blenheim -- Wait! You purchased something else when we weren't looking? Oh ho ho ho -- we'll have to keep a closer eye on you in the future! Are you sure it was *only* earrings? I didn't go back to look for that 6 cut cushion at the end--is it still there???
11.gif

(And yes -- post pics!)

Had to talk the happy hubby out of making me give up my band for a week since it really is a birthday present, but so far it's still in my possession. I even wore it to dinner last night (not like I needed any more food after that giant lunch at Harry Carey's) and it sparkled like mad in the restaurant lights. Amazing how good a bunch of tiny little diamonds can look when they all get together and do their job!

Forgot to mention the 3 ct frozen spit princess transaction that was going on around Catmom and me as we were looking at something else in one of the cases. It was all we could do to bite our tongues and keep moving--we knew it wouldn't do any good to get involved at that point, but we were sorely tempted there for a second...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 11:02:59 PM
Author: Catmom

Date: 8/26/2006 9:02:13 PM
Author: Ellen
30.gif
Thanks, Ellen, but I think I''ll keep it.
9.gif
Drat. Well, if you ever tire....
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay can you believe that she bought something and didn't show us!!! The nerve!
38.gif
I want to see pics and yes Blenheim, I do want your info. I'll have to get it from Dee*Jay.

I'm glad that the ring was so sparkly and that your hubby is not taking it for a week. Just to be sure, though, I wouldn't take it off any time soon!

Oh my gosh, those two vendors were just so obnoxious. I wanted to tell that poor woman to run........run very far and don't stop. I couldn't believe the drivel they were giving her about that frozen spit. Maybe I should have offered to compare my princess with that one. At least mine has some sparkle to it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Catmom--I''m off to do an open house from 12-3 and guess what I''m wearing!
11.gif
Cleaned it in the US this morning and it looks even better now than it did yesterday.

Will send you info on Blenheim (a.k.a. The Sneaky Shopper!) when I get home tonight.

As for the frozen spit buying woman... who knows, maybe the lightening bolt of common sense struck her at the last possible moment and she didn''t buy it. We can only hope... !

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
11.gif
I swear that my extra sneaky purchases were only limited to my earrings. FI talked me out of buying some other pairs, perhaps wisely (he kept asking for me to name several outfits that I''d wear them with, and the gold ones were the only one that passed the test). But if I can come in December, I think I might splurge on a pair of pear shaped earrings, stone to be determined. That might satisfy the new pear urge.
2.gif
(For those who weren''t there, I found a fairly large pear emerald ring that I really liked and that the salespeople were pressing J to buy for me, but alas, it was out of our budget.)

I missed the frozen spit transaction -- poor people.

I''m glad that you convinced your hubby to let you wear it now, Dee Jay.
1.gif

Okay, without further ado, an earring pic:

GSEarShot.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, very pretty Blenheim but silly FI, doesn''t he know that you buy the outfits to match the jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results