shape
carat
color
clarity

Microwaveable vegetable steamer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Is there such a thing? Or can anyone recommend a good way of cooking fresh veggies in the microwave with top of stove steaming like results?

Thanks!
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
tupperware used to make an item called microsteamer, it was for more than veggies, but of course included veggies in the recipes etc. I think they still have something like it if you go on their site. I have always used the micro to steam. It is quick and easy and I hope just as safe and healthy as the stove top...

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Pampered Chef makes a micro-cooker too.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are these new "steam packs" of frozen veggies now..I think they''re either Bird''s Eye or Green Giant. Anyway, they are fabulous--you just microwave them in the package without doing anything else! There are about 4 servings per package, and they''re usually on sale for 2 for $4 or something here. (Chicago area) Other than that, I use a pyrex dish and some Press-n-Seal when I want to steam fresh veggies.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. After seeing your responses, I did a search on ebay and amazon.com and found one that be used to cook rice, steam vegetables, and supposedly even pop corn! I''ll be ordering one soon.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results