shape
carat
color
clarity

Microphone for ceremony?

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Did you have or are you planning to have a microphone for your ceremony? If so, how did you make sure it wasn't an eyesore?

We're getting married on the beach and I want to make sure our guests can hear the ceremony but I don't want the microphone or speakers to be too noticeable or take away from the decor.

What did you ladies do or plan to do?

Thanks!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I''ve seen plenty of microphones in ceremonies,I don''t think they''re an eyesore.People don''t focus on it as much as you think.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2010 11:22:18 AM
Author: Amzizzle
I''ve seen plenty of microphones in ceremonies,I don''t think they''re an eyesore.People don''t focus on it as much as you think.
Yeah, I guess I''m thinking more of the big speakers than the microphone itself being an eyesore. Out on the open beach there''s really no place to "hide" the speakers.

It could be that I''m the only one who would worry about such things...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know--I have NEVER noticed a microphone or speakers at a ceremony.

SO, if they were there, they just blended into the background, right? I wonder if you look up some photos of beach weddings if you''ll be able to see them.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
We''re getting married in the backyard garden at our venue. We will definitely be using a microphone because our guests have to sit a ways away from the gazebo area. I''ve been to weddings where a microphone was not used and I could not hear the vows. I would much prefer to see speakers than not hear what is going on. Do you have some sort of wedding or coordinator or venue you are working with? I am sure they will be able to advise you. If nothing else, maybe you can arrange flowers or decorations in such a way to hide the equipment.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, gosh...am I turning into one of those brides already??
3.gif
I guess this is just one of those things I care about that most people don''t even notice/ care about. haha

I''ve looked at tons of photos of beach ceremonies. A lot of them just forgo the microphone/speaker set up - maybe beacause they''re more casual or smaller weddings. The ones that have the speakers just have them off to the side. I know our photog will be able to keep them out of the pictures...I guess I just don''t find the speaker set up attractive.

Oh well, I want people to be able to hear the ceremony. I was just wondering if anyone else felt this way and how they decided/ what their thought process was.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results