shape
carat
color
clarity

microderm abrasion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i went in for a facial yesterday to try to get ready for the wedding, and it turns out that i was good candidate for microderm abrasion. basically tons of clogged pores, sun damge (yikes im only 25), and scars from blemishes. so i got the treatment. i can tell a difference, but it is not nearly as dramatic as i thought it would be. does anybody else do this??

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I get this done pretty regularly...I really like the way it makes my skin look. It will not be a dramatic change, but it does remove the top layer of dead skin cells which tend to make your face look dull. Also, the vacuum pressure is supposed to stimulate new collagen growth, so maybe a mild tightening effect.

It is one of those things that the more you do the better the results...you can do them as much as every two weeks. I think I started when I was about 28/29.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
so do you think it would really help if i planned to go back once or twice before the wedding? im getting married mid november!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 11:17:36 AM
Author: cocolaw
so do you think it would really help if i planned to go back once or twice before the wedding? im getting married mid november!
Just wanted to add that my friend got a laser treatment on her face a few months before her wedding, and she looked fabulous. Her face always looked swollen and on the verge of breaking out. She had spider veins on her face too. It fixed all of that. Her mom got it done for her wrinkles, and she looked great. So, my friend tried it too. You do need several days to about a week for recovery. It''s more like an acid peel in terms of recovery.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah - I would do it! I definitely plan to get on a tighter schedule closer to my date. Right now I go about every 6-8 weeks, and I don''t always do microderm. Sometimes I will do a peel, or just a facial.

The only thing I will say is that I''m not one that is for doing anything out of the ordinary right before a wedding. There is always a chance you could have a bad reaction. Microderms can be pretty strong or very mild depending on the machine or operator. I would just make sure you trust the operator and just get mild treatments with a good antioxidant mask/serum/cream or something (Vitamin C, etc). By the reaction you have now, I would say you probably had a pretty mild one anyway.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 11:25:38 AM
Author: brightlight

Just wanted to add that my friend got a laser treatment on her face a few months before her wedding, and she looked fabulous. Her face always looked swollen and on the verge of breaking out. She had spider veins on her face too. It fixed all of that. Her mom got it done for her wrinkles, and she looked great. So, my friend tried it too. You do need several days to about a week for recovery. It''s more like an acid peel in terms of recovery.
Do you know which type of laser they used? Or, was it IPL? There are so many laser-type treatments out there that I always love to hear which one is actually working for someone!! Was it the fraxel maybe?

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 11:29:56 AM
Author: Rock_of_Love

Date: 9/19/2009 11:25:38 AM
Author: brightlight

Do you know which type of laser they used? Or, was it IPL? There are so many laser-type treatments out there that I always love to hear which one is actually working for someone!! Was it the fraxel maybe?
I''m sorry, but I didn''t ask. Her face looked fantastic though. She was 33 at the time, and her mom was in her 60s. Both had different facial issues, and it did wonders for both of them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results