shape
carat
color
clarity

Micheal B. wedding band..maybe Mara will know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling

Shiny_Rock
hi all,
i have a quick question on the Micheal B. line. Does anyone know how much the CrownLace collection wedding band costs..its the one with the small groupings of pave that go all the way around..thanks for the help!
confused.gif
appl.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi bling,
Try pearlman's jewelers, I know they carry that brand and sometimes they even post the prices on the website.
I think the website is www.pearlmansjewelers.com, I am not quite sure. If you find the website and don't find the ring, you can always call them for a price.
I browsed the site a few times and found Michael B. settings and rings, although they are quite pricey!
Hope this helps.

bling

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info Kayla..
1.gif
i checked out the site and they do have great pics and prices to boot! usually, as mara pointed out once..webpages are no longer able to have the pics.
anyway, the reason i am asking is that this weekend at an antique show, i happened to spot a band amongst an ocean of other rings and jewelry that looked familiar to me. I had gone to a local jeweler that carried the Michael B. line and looked at the lace collection and loved it. i almost got it as an ering setting..but the price! was so expensive, i just couldnt justify it. anyway, back to the antique show..i asked to see the band and for kicks looked on the inside and to see if there were any inscriptions or marking with the designers name..and what did i see? it said .. Michael B. PT 90% Crownlace 02 K...i was shocked! i couldnt remember how much the ring retails for but i asked the antique dealer what the price for the ring was and he said $350! i tried to keep the shocked look off my face and then asked him for a better price..and he dropped it to $300. so i told him id think aboutit..so i walked around a bit..and even called my fiance at home to check on the price for me retail! after about an hour, i decided, even it was a replica, i couldnt go wrong for the price...for just the platinum and pave alone. so i bought it and am happy with it either way. but if it happens to be real..i think i got a pretty darn good price.
sorry the post is so long, but i thought id share the story..does anyone happen to know what the correct inscription on michael B. rings are? would i be able to tell if it was fake?
thanks to anyone who has read this far..
appl.gif
wavey.gif
rodent.gif
naughty.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap $300?! That is SOOO good!! I loved that ring!!

There are two sets of lace sets in the MB collection. There is Crown Lace and another which I think may be called Royal Lace? One is thicker and wider, with more diamonds than the other. The one I tried on I think was Crown Lace, which is the smaller? Something like .40ctw? Anyway it was something like $2300 for the engagement ring by itself. Wedding band was maybe like $2k? Around there.

You may want to give Michael B an email or call (I found his # before online, he's got a website) and tell him you got his ring as a hand-me down or something..and want to be sure it's authentic. Maybe he will let you send it in or something. Who knows. He's in CA somewhere...LA? Would have to say though that why would someone replicate the MB ring and then put Michael B and the name inside? I think it sounds real. The only way to tell would be go to down to a retail store that carries MB and try on the ring, and see what it says inside. A retail store that carries it could help. Also if you tell them that it's a hand-me-down (e.g. from relative), they may be more receptive to assist.

Congrats! Even if it's not real, if it looks like it, it should be beautiful. I haven't seen anything like that anywhere else except for the WF champagne pave diamond ring which is similar but MB's still is more beautiful IMO! GREAT DEAL gal! I'm so jealous!!
1.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the input mara...
1.gif
i looked at your other post and yes...the picture with the Lace design with the scattered pave looks just like the band i bought! i would be pretty excited if it were the real thing..although im pretty excited anyway. like you, i tried them on at JE when looking for ering settings but man, the price tag was a little much for my fiance and i to swallow.
we thought about going to JE to see what the real has on the inside of the band..do you happen to remember? we thought too, that for someone to go through all the trouble of stamping the inside with all the goods would be a waste of time...and not sell it for at least a little more.
for as many times as ive been to the san mateo antique show, this is by far the best find ive come across. its like being on the show antiques road show...telling them i paid a this amount but having it be worth much more..hehee...
my fiance loved it..it was his v-day gift to me..so hes happy he got off easy. it will be right hand ring..not used as a wedding band.
i appreciate your feedback on it though as i always appreciate your comments. ill keep ya posted if i go back to JE to check out the real ones over there.. :razz:
appl.gif
9.gif
loopy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results