shape
carat
color
clarity

MIA vendor!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh! I have an Internet vendor who is Missing In Action..... Was I scammed?
39.gif

Okay, it''s just for a shower, and it''s only $106, I may be out. But I am so annoyed!

The company was called "Infuse Creativity" and it was a wedding decor site that offered rentals. I rented a bunch of paper lanterns through them. It really was a cute looking site, so I had no worries of a scam or anything like that. I also found a couple of mentions of the site on places like the Knot and IndieBride before I even ordered from them so it seemed legit.

Here''s what I get when I click on the site now:
www.infusecreativity.com

So the site has been down for at least a week now and there is no contact information in the receipt I was given. I replied to my receipt email, but no response. I also just called a number I found online for a company called "Infuse Events" that interestingly has the same name that was on my reciept email for the owner. I got the voicemail and just left a message.

Is there anything I can do? Can I dispute it with my credit card company or is it too late? I placed the order back in February.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and here is what the site looked like. It''s a little smushed because I shrunk it, but you get the idea. I actually saved it for offline viewing because I was going on a trip to Tahoe and I knew I wouldn''t have internet access but wanted to decide on how many lanterns to order while I was there.

infusemiaripoff.JPG

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Call up your credit card company and dispute it. Do you have documentation of when they were supposed to ship/arrive? If they haven''t arrived and its past that date, I would put in a dispute.

If you have a decent cc company it should be no problem.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Well, here is the good news...

If you''re thinking about the bright bold round lanterns or even the tubular ones, they are currently selling them at Target for cheap-cheap-cheap.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Are you in GA? If so, I was able to find this information:

Michele Grant, 678-662-0578

We had a similar website error occur once at a firm I was working at. Our business was still alive and well but we neglected to renew our website hosting contract. It was a simple oversight made by the office manager and was remedied within a few days.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 12:00:21 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Well, here is the good news...

If you''re thinking about the bright bold round lanterns or even the tubular ones, they are currently selling them at Target for cheap-cheap-cheap.
lol

I hope it all gets worked out mia!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 5:00:02 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Are you in GA? If so, I was able to find this information:

Michele Grant, 678-662-0578

We had a similar website error occur once at a firm I was working at. Our business was still alive and well but we neglected to renew our website hosting contract. It was a simple oversight made by the office manager and was remedied within a few days.
Thanks! That was the same number I found and I left a message, but so far no response... I''m just hoping it''s a website issue, but it seems not to be the case. Oh well... I''ve got about two weeks so hopefully I can find another place to buy them.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That''s bad news, hopefully it''s a minor misunderstanding. It doesn''t matter that it''s ''only; $106, it''s the principle of it, I can stand to think some vendors are taking innocent people''s money and taking off with it - urghhH!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I looked up the domain name registrar and found this. I see you''ve already tried the phone number that''s listed, do you alreay have this email as well? You could always try ''snail mail'' I suppose if you''re not able to reach her any other way. Good luck!

Registrant:
Michele Grant
2895 Leafwood Drive
Marietta, Georgia 30067
United States

Domain Name: INFUSECREATIVITY.COM
Created on: 26-Jun-06
Expires on: 26-Jun-11
Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:
Grant, Michele [email protected]
2895 Leafwood Drive
Marietta, Georgia 30067
United States
(678) 662-0578

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 8:27:03 AM
Author: girlie-girl
I looked up the domain name registrar and found this. I see you''ve already tried the phone number that''s listed, do you alreay have this email as well? You could always try ''snail mail'' I suppose if you''re not able to reach her any other way. Good luck!

Registrant:
Michele Grant
2895 Leafwood Drive
Marietta, Georgia 30067
United States

Domain Name: INFUSECREATIVITY.COM
Created on: 26-Jun-06
Expires on: 26-Jun-11
Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:
Grant, Michele [email protected]
2895 Leafwood Drive
Marietta, Georgia 30067
United States
(678) 662-0578
AWESOME!

Oh wow thanks girlie-girl you are a super-slueth!

That is a different email than the one I had, so I sent one there too. I''m really bothered that she hasn''t returned my call because it was obviously a cellphone voicemail.

It also turns out that she has 2 other "businesses" www.infuseevents.com and www.infusetime.com

I wonder if these are all scams, but I really don''t think so. I think she started a few small businesses and maybe they didn''t pan out?

Oh well, DH said he''ll handle the Credit Card company, but he''s in no hurry because it''s not a lot of money. But like you said honey22 it is the principle that bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results