shape
carat
color
clarity

Met the most amazing man...

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I met someone, he's incredible. I've already gushed enough to my friends but my joy overflows! I didn't think I'd feel so much so fast but there it is. Maybe I should post this straight in the LIW forum, but I'm not thinking about that at all, just about when I get to see him again.

It's a year since I left a long-term live-in relationship that was troubled. Since then I've really enjoyed being single, focusing on myself, career, friends etc. I can't even think about the challenges ahead - we both have busy careers, we live six hours away from eachother. I'm just taking it one day at a time. He has long-term relationship experience too and is mature, smart and funny. We have fun together, text all day. I've been feeling so pretty lately.

Just want to share it with a crowd that doesn't mind indulging!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet.
How wonderful.

Enjoy this time to the fullest!

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Aww congratulations! Enjoy the butterflies. And if he has a cute brother that's mid to late 30s..send him my way;-)

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
NTave said:
Aww congratulations! Enjoy the butterflies. And if he has a cute brother that's mid to late 30s..send him my way;-)

He has three brothers, all under 30. He's younger than me - it doesn't matter at all!

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kenny|1379448003|3522456 said:
How sweet.
How wonderful.

Enjoy this time to the fullest!

Thanks Kenny, feels amazing!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
quaddio|1379449838|3522467 said:
NTave said:

He has three brothers, all under 30. He's younger than me - it doesn't matter at all!

I'll take the other two please. :cheeky:

Enjoy quaddio -- there's not enough of this in the world!!!

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He's way cuter than his brothers though!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think long distance relationships are great!
extends out "the let's get to know each other" phase and every time you do get together is like falling I love all over again.
reality can be such a damper on romance!
enjoy it and i'm so glad you met him.
sometimes not focusing on meeting someone or having someone in your life but focusing on you sends out the right vibe to attract the right guy.
time will tell if he's "the right guy".....but why not enjoy it?!
congrats!
oh, and btw, there is a lot that is good about being with a younger man......

SB621

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, so happy for you! It's amazing to find someone you click with and enjoy spending time with!! Enjoy getting to know one another and keep having fun!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you Quaddio! :appl: Being in love is amazing and I hope he turns out to be your soulmate!!! Enjoy!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this is just wonderful!!! How you're feeling right now is definitely one of the best feelings in the world - I remember those days! Very happy for you!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's wonderful, enjoy each day for you never know what tomorrow will bring. I hope he's all that you hope for!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!!! That's so exciting Quaddio!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I hope this is all that you are looking for in your love life and that it brings you all the joy and happiness you deserve!!!

(go on... get some bling to celebrate... I seem to remember someone suggesting that to *me* recently! LOL!! ;)) )

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I know the feelings can't stay the same in a relationship, that they grow and deepen and yada yada yada, but...

those first few weeks and months are so wonderful!

Enjoy.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the well wishes. It feels so new and strange to see myself as a girlfriend/partner and so soon after we connected. I'm shocked at how different it is to all previous new relationships - how open, the level of sharing, he's always saying 'intimacy'. I don't want to disparage other men but I haven't had the most emotionally available partners in the past. I'm trying not to be overwhelmed, but it's a lot to adjust to.

He's very sweet and attentive despite our busy schedules. I met him when traveling on business - this is probably my last week in his city. He's visited me in Chicago too! We keep saying that we should run away together, but it feels like we already have.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoy! We get so few periods in life when we can just immerse ourselves in giddy joy.

movie zombie|1379452370|3522489 said:

Too true! :lol:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Awwww......so happy for you! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
extends out "the let's get to know each other" phase and every time you do get together is like falling I love all over again.
sometimes not focusing on meeting someone or having someone in your life but focusing on you sends out the right vibe to attract the right guy.
congrats!

I know exactly what you mean, Movie Zombie.... :D

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1379531092|3523040 said:
congrats!

I know exactly what you mean, Movie Zombie.... :D

Me too!

and Congratulations!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You put a smile on my face...I remember those days fondly (its been over 14 years but I still manage to get those giddy
feelings every now and then.)

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is my first time with a younger man. I don't think it matters since we're only a few years apart and more mature. He's been in the lead getting involved so far and even though it's happened fast I don't feel rushed. We talked about how we feel and he told me he already felt committed to me and couldn't imagine feeling anything for someone else. I had been receiving attention from other admirers and decided I was ready to make it 'official' in our online status. After we both updated, he called me on video for a few minutes. When he looked at me and said 'how's my girlfriend?' I thought I would die. He told me the last few days that he feels really great when I introduce him as my boyfriend.

I know this is disgusting. I'm in my 30s, independent, professional, capable etc. I never thought this would happen.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
quaddio|1379601721|3523509 said:
This is my first time with a younger man. I don't think it matters since we're only a few years apart and more mature. He's been in the lead getting involved so far and even though it's happened fast I don't feel rushed. We talked about how we feel and he told me he already felt committed to me and couldn't imagine feeling anything for someone else. I had been receiving attention from other admirers and decided I was ready to make it 'official' in our online status. After we both updated, he called me on video for a few minutes. When he looked at me and said 'how's my girlfriend?' I thought I would die. He told me the last few days that he feels really great when I introduce him as my boyfriend.

I know this is disgusting. I'm in my 30s, independent, professional, capable etc. I never thought this would happen.

It's not disgusting at ALL quaddio! It's AMAZING!!!

I'm so excited for you! The best part about all of this is when you know-YOU KNOW. You're both responsible enough to give it some time to see how it continues to flow-but you can easily tie the knot when ever you both feel ready. Many younger couples wait longer to get their "lives on track" where you've both got your lifes set. The difficult part will be joining them as adults since you're both "set in your ways" but where there is love-there is give and take-and where there is a will-there is a way.

I can't wait to hear how your relationship progresses and I'm excited that you've found your other half. Many people settle in life because they don't want to be alone-you've both waited and didn't settle and have found someone better than you could have dreamed up yourself.

ENJOY your gf/bf phase since this time will pass all too quickly and you'll come on here looking for a ring for your FI and then planning a a wedding and then have a husband :)

:appl:

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1379604233|3523527 said:
quaddio|1379601721|3523509 said:

It's not disgusting at ALL quaddio! It's AMAZING!!!

I'm so excited for you! The best part about all of this is when you know-YOU KNOW. You're both responsible enough to give it some time to see how it continues to flow-but you can easily tie the knot when ever you both feel ready. Many younger couples wait longer to get their "lives on track" where you've both got your lifes set. The difficult part will be joining them as adults since you're both "set in your ways" but where there is love-there is give and take-and where there is a will-there is a way.

I can't wait to hear how your relationship progresses and I'm excited that you've found your other half. Many people settle in life because they don't want to be alone-you've both waited and didn't settle and have found someone better than you could have dreamed up yourself.

ENJOY your gf/bf phase since this time will pass all too quickly and you'll come on here looking for a ring for your FI and then planning a a wedding and then have a husband :)

:appl:

I honestly don't know whether I know. He just became my boyfriend last Friday. We both feel it though, and I can't wait to see him again. We've talked on the phone/video often but still have things to learn about eachother. I wasn't really looking for my 'other half' since I feel like I was my own person, happy to be alone, never fond of PDA etc. Yesterday afternoon we were making out on the street in rush hour and I just didn't care/couldn't stop.

I know the next few weeks/months will probably determine how things will go - plenty of opportunity to crash and burn yet, but I can't think like that. Just enjoying each moment. We've been together this week and have stayed up so late, talking all night. Despite being a guy who works out and lifts a ton he's very sweet and gentle, loves petting his cats haha. I think we're both in a good place in our lives and have plenty to offer the world and eachother as partners. Even if it doesn't go anywhere I'm grateful for the experience.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
:twirl:

Ira Z.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Double post.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, this is so sweet. I'm happy for you. And he likes cats! :appl:

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We're both vegetarians and love animals.

I can't believe how stylish and good looking he is. I've never dated someone so fashionable and always feel like I look dowdy in comparison. He likes me just the way I am but sometimes I wish I had more of a clue regarding style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results