shape
carat
color
clarity

Mermaid dress brides - how do you sit/pee?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
Help. There is no way I can sit in my dress. I don''t want to have the hips let out because I love the way it looks as it is, but sheesh. I am supposed to leave the ceremony in a horse-drawn carriage (long story behind that one), and I am afraid I''ll have to stand up like some sort of cheesy pageant queen on a Christmas float.

Also, do I have to refrain from drinking anything all day so I won''t have to go to the bathroom? The dress is a major pain to get on and off...

Oh, I got to try on my dress at Thanksgiving. I''m including a small pic.

IMG_0874.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a dress like that too and didn''t even think about that!! LOL! The only thing I can think of is getting someone to undo the back.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I had a mermaid shape, but it was a bit more flowey around the hips, so I didn''t have any issues sitting (as evidenced by my baseball-catcher-esque squat in my avatar). I did do the "sit" test when I was trying on gowns and on the tighter-fitting mermaids what I had to do was literally pull the dress up. Once I hiked the dress up a few inches (okay, maybe 6), then that gave me enough room in the hips to sit.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 6:11:33 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Hmm, I had a mermaid shape, but it was a bit more flowey around the hips, so I didn''t have any issues sitting (as evidenced by my baseball-catcher-esque squat in my avatar). I did do the ''sit'' test when I was trying on gowns and on the tighter-fitting mermaids what I had to do was literally pull the dress up. Once I hiked the dress up a few inches (okay, maybe 6), then that gave me enough room in the hips to sit.

That''s what a friend of mine did, she just hiked it up!

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
I guess I hadn''t even thought of hiking it up, even though it seems obvious. Thanks guys, I''ll try it out.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I think hiking it up will probably work. YOu should really make sure that it does work though because you have to be able to sit at some point during your reception. It really shouldn''t be an option for you to just plan to stand all night.

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
I also did the sit test in the sample, but it was 4 or 5 sizes larger than the size I ordered, so it wasn''t an accurate representation.

And I totally understand where you''re coming from, Guilty, but I don''t really have an option. This is my dress, and I can''t/won''t return it or get another dress. I plan on getting a cocktail dress for the second half of the reception, but if I can''t sit in this dress, I guess that''s how it''s going to be. I sure hope hiking it up works! The dress is stored at my mother''s house, so it will be a few weeks before I can try. Wish me luck!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
just had to add your title made me literally LOL! :) Good question though.. i wouldnt have thought about it but then i saw someone mention it on say yes to the dress :) let us know what works out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results