shape
carat
color
clarity

Meresal or anyone else -punching holes in invitation for bow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I have a quick question for you....I''m not sure if you''ll be able to help me or not! I''m working on my invitations now and I saw your post a while back of your STD''s with the bow at the top. Did you use a regular one hole punch? My holes need to be about 1 1/4 inches from the top of the invitation and regular hole punches don''t extend far enough. Also...I''m really picky about it being even and aligned correctly. I''d use a 2 hole punch, but even the ones you can adjust the holes are too far apart. I''m thinking they need to be about 1/4 inch apart. Did you have the same problem as me?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I used a special one that we ordered online from martha stewart... let me see if I can find them!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I can find on Martha Stewart is a tool called a Japanese hole punch. Is that it?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
says it''s 1/4"

longreachpunch.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say between 3/8 in. and 1/4 in. width for my ribbon. I tried the regular 1/4 in. hole punch as a template and it didn''t seem to fold over too much. I''ll look into the ones you suggested though. Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Oh cool, I saw that red McGill one online during my search and I thought that could work. I was hoping to find one in the store so I didn''t have to order online. I''m getting impatient and don''t want to wait for shipping, but I guess I will if I have to! I''m going to check Michaels craft store tonight, I have a 40% off coupon!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
They have the kind of craft punches Meresal posted at Michael''s. If you can''t find them there, try JoAnn or Hobby Lobby.

One word of advice: craft punches can bend cardstock when trying to punch through it. The ribbon mostly covered it up, but I was unhappy with the fact that you could still see some small creases around the hole.

Another word of advice (guess that makes two): the rectangle-shaped punches give the cleanest look, IMO. The holes aren''t too big, and the ribbon doesn''t fold over like it would with a round hole. This also makes it easier to thread the ribbon through the holes.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I ordered a special paper punch designed specifically for this purpose. They have a longer punch so they can go through multiple sheets of paper or card easily and cleanly. You can even get fancy ends on them, for example lovehearts, flowers etc. I stuck to the plain one though, wish I could send you mine, I will never use the darn thing again that''s for sure!!!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I tried Joann''s already...no luck there. They only had regular one hole punches and the decorative ones. I''m going to try Michaels tonight since I didn''t make it there last night!

Honey - I wish you could send it to me! I know I won''t use it again after I make my invitations...seems like a waste.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
So I ended up just getting a regular one hole punch with an extended 2" reach. I talked to FI about it and he wanted to give it a try. I gave him a test sheet and he punched the two holes trying to keep them aligned evenly and he did awesome! I was so excited that he wanted to help! I even tought him how to put the ribbons in and he did some of those also! So here they are....we got 12 done tonight
9.gif

IMG_1368inv.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
They look great Missy! I''m glad you could find something that worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results