shape
carat
color
clarity

Merelani Mint - so many questions!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I would recommend Jerry Newman (Gemart Services), Jeff White, and Gene Flanigan, in general. I think Jeff White is likely to be the most backed up and priciest, but that just means he has a lot of work lined up. Jeff and Jerry are both professionals, and respond quickly.

I think Gene's cutting is second to none, but a) I'm not sure if gem cutting for Gene is more of a hobby than a full time job as is the case with Jeff White; and b) I think Gene generally does not take so many custom requests anymore.

Another option would be Dan Stair, Jr at customgemstones.com, but a fair word of warning, he discriminates against PriceScope members, so if you have not worked with him before don't mention the forums to him. Another vendor comes to mind because prasiolite is in his vendor name on Etsy, but he is somewhat hostile to PriceScope members.

Gracielouwho

Rough_Rock
I would recommend Jerry Newman (Gemart Services), Jeff White, and Gene Flanigan, in general. I think Jeff White is likely to be the most backed up and priciest, but that just means he has a lot of work lined up. Jeff and Jerry are both professionals, and respond quickly.

I think Gene's cutting is second to none, but a) I'm not sure if gem cutting for Gene is more of a hobby than a full time job as is the case with Jeff White; and b) I think Gene generally does not take so many custom requests anymore.

Another option would be Dan Stair, Jr at customgemstones.com, but a fair word of warning, he discriminates against PriceScope members, so if you have not worked with him before don't mention the forums to him. Another vendor comes to mind because prasiolite is in his vendor name on Etsy, but he is somewhat hostile to PriceScope members.

Thank you, I feel better having somewhere to begin. I wonder why all the animosity towards PSers.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, I feel better having somewhere to begin. I wonder why all the animosity towards PSers.

The stated reason is that PSers are perceived to return stones more and can sometimes act entitled.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stated reason is that PSers are perceived to return stones more and can sometimes act entitled.

I still think - no harm in trying, with either Dan or prasiolite, if they have good stones.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Voce, I'll check out prasiolite, peridot has too much yellow in it for what I have in mind. Do you know of any gem cutters I could query?

you know, I have one peridot that is apple-green. It was very inexpensive, the only issue is, I forgot the name of the vendor. At that time, he just opened an Etsy store, I think he was from Ohio or something Midwest. Michael, last name started with G. It just escaped my mind, if someone posts, I shall recognize it. B7AC8ECC-3D77-49FE-9EA9-668E4A0C2F32.jpeg

Honestly - I like this stone more than mint tourmalines.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
M. Gager. from Kansas. Actually that peridot was one I cut. It has concave facets on the pavilion.
Yes, and I LOVE the cut, the color and the clarity! Absolutely no yellow. Much less IRL.
(Was right about the rest, though, Midwest, and an Etsy store).

Gracielouwho

Rough_Rock
Here is a pair of small earrings that I bought. This is the mint I like. Too bad they are small for my ears, but maybe I should halo them in green melee, like @voce did with her ring? 7E929DD7-5116-46DA-8437-4A5D7F379369.jpeg

Very pretty!

Gracielouwho

Rough_Rock
you know, I have one peridot that is apple-green. It was very inexpensive, the only issue is, I forgot the name of the vendor. At that time, he just opened an Etsy store, I think he was from Ohio or something Midwest. Michael, last name started with G. It just escaped my mind, if someone posts, I shall recognize it. B7AC8ECC-3D77-49FE-9EA9-668E4A0C2F32.jpeg

Honestly - I like this stone more than mint tourmalines.

This is a pretty stone as well! I worry that it will be a challenge finding 14 similar enough of any beautiful stone.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You should ask Gary H. he has stated that colored stones are not more rare than diamonds. Certainly it would be simple to find 14 diamonds the same size that matched well. I would think he could find you 14 matching green garnets with even less effort!

Gracielouwho

Rough_Rock
You should ask Gary H. he has stated that colored stones are not more rare than diamonds. Certainly it would be simple to find 14 diamonds the same size that matched well. I would think he could find you 14 matching green garnets with even less effort!

How do I find Gary H (I dont think I saw it mentioned above)?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results