shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Wedding Band Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hodnick

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I''m new and I''m having a hard time deciding on the metal for my band. I know the style I want (Hammered middle, millgraining, then a small shiny lip on the ends) 7mm wide, and a good thickness of the band (comfit would be nice).

I found various online sites and local stores that have the similar style (fairly popular), but none seem to have the metals I''ve currently been looking and was hoping to get some opinions from experts on this. ArtCarved has a Pt and Pd version of this ring too, but after looking at it in the store, just seems little smaller then I was hoping..

I was hoping to get feedback on the follow (or other ideas you might have):
1. Plat / Ruth
2. Palladium / Ruth (is this possible?)
3. 18k Gold with Palladium
4. Plat / S1 or S2 (which seems really hard to find)

I wanted to get something that help resist dents / knicks much as possible while not having to deal with the re-plating of most white gold faces.

Thanks!

And I know similar topics have been posted in the past, I''ve read them all a few times this past week in trying to decide on what to do! Arggh I''m missing a lot of sleep over this!
24.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

Have you considered having your wedding band custom made to your exact requirements? It can be difficult choosing, especially as you are going to wear this the rest of your life!

Perhaps contact someone like Whiteflash, ask them if its possible
1.gif

www.whiteflash.com

Good Luck

Maisie

Hodnick

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies... Would anyone happen to have any photos of a platinum ring with some age on it? Also how much resizing could be done on a plat ring? (i.e.: +/- 1 size?)

Thanks!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
There's another thread going right now about Men's rings here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wedding-rings-for-men.60759/

My FI wants a plat ring and we looked at the Lucida Tiffany wrings for him and he loved them. Heavy but very shiny and lovely. And comfortable on the finger. I dont think you should worry too much about what type of plat to get but I will say this...I dont like white gold because in order to keep it looking very white, it needs to be re-plated too often for my tastes, particularly if you swim alot as the chlorine seems to wear down the plating faster. Also, although I preferred a men's plat ring with a rough surface - brushed or hammered - I was reminded that those surfaces cannot be polished the way a plain band can. My FI is sure to bang his ring up so he liked the option of the plain polished finish plat band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results