shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Tuxes in Toronto?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Everyone,

We are looking for a higher-end tuxedo rental shop in Toronto and/or a store with decent priced tuxes for purchase. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
ILTW, have you looked into Holts or Harry Rosen? I'm not sure if they rent tuxedos or not, but both stores would definitely offer high end options.

ETA: You might also want to check Yorkville and Hazelton Lanes. Sorry, I can't offer more specific suggestions.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think Harry Rosen rents tuxes. We were there this past weekend, and their tuxes are around 1K to buy. I can''t think of any at the top of my head, but Pocahontas has some good suggestions. Although, I would think majoirty of the upper end stores won''t rent out their tuxes.

What is your budget? You can try having one made to measure. Still around the same ball point figure interms of cost though...but it''ll definitely fit better! If you have a family tailor, you can get one made for cheaper.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hey hey -

Not sure on budget but I suppose if we go the made to measure route it would be 1500$ or less. I just don''t think my FI has any use for a tux post wedding... We were thinking of going with suits instead but all the groomsmen said they prefer renting tuxes! so back to square one...

Apparently the Hugo Boss outlet store is getting some tuxes in soon for about 700$. FI is going to go check that out and the Harry Rosen outlet soon.

Jeez you would think someone would rent high end tuxes somewhere! Kama-S and Poca - what are your FIs wearing?

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
ILTW, that sucks! Who knew finding higher end rentals would be so problematic. I hope the outlets work out for you. FWIW, my girlfriend's husband and BIL had suits custom made from these people http://blogto.com/fashion/gotstyle for ~$700. I didn't see the final product though 'cause it was for the BIL's wedding, which I didn't attend. However, Got Style has great reviews and my girfriend and everyone else were pretty impressed with the quality and price. I'm guessing a tux may cost more, but then again if you're ordering more that they did you might be able to negotiate a better deal. Good luck! I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. By the way, FI and his BM will be wearing black suits for our DW.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
This one carries Hugo Boss, Dolce & Gabbana, and Zegna among others...

http://www.mondouomo.com

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 12:49:45 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Kama-S and Poca - what are your FIs wearing?
We got Mr. Kama a black 3 piece suit made to measure from Harry Rosen. It costed almost that of my dress, but atleast it''ll be worn again...unlike my dress!

Also, I didn''t know there is a Hugo Boss outlet store in Toronto! Where is it located?! Boss fits Mr. Kama perfectly, since their cuts are predominantly slim fit for tall people.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried Tuxedo Royale? Can be found in most major malls :)

HTH.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
DH got his at Syd Silver and was really happy with it. I personally think that a custom tux is overkill, since no one will be looking at him anyways ;-) but a custom suit that can be worn again is different for sure.

We originally looked at Moores and they were pretty cheap feeling. Ditto for Tuxedo Royale.

Another good thing about Syd Silver is they will ''tailor'' it (i.e. use double sided tape probably) to make it feel a bit more custom.

HTH :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results