shape
carat
color
clarity

men''s cologne, what do you ladies like

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
I have just finished a bottle of cologne for the first time. I think it lasted me 3 yrs. I dont use very much but I always get complements on it, specially after a hug
28.gif
28.gif

I have been wearing Pleasures by Estee lauder. I am now looking for a new cologne and its a toss up between Romance by Ralph Lauren or Acqua Di Gio by Armani

any thoughts on these two...maybe iIll just get both

TIA

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
My DH wears RL Romance that I got him for his birthday a few years ago- I love it on him. It smells good without being overpowering and lingers for awhile, although once he finally finishes it (going on three years!) I like RL black and Escada Sentiment for men.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
DH just selected his first bottle of cologne since HS...
Hugo Boss Selection- very clean and subtle. He didn''t want anything "spicy" - no pepper, tobacco or heavy musk notes for him.

now is the time to buy fragrance they have a lot of great deals and giveaways in all of the department stores.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the Acqua di Gio and RL Romance are classic, popular fragrances. Because it is winter, I would go with the Romance. Acqua is a little more....juvenile, and more suited for summer or day time wear.

I also like Givenchy pour Homme (red bottle, not blue,) Armani Code, and Chanel Allure (maybe the sport version?)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love hugo boss and so does my fi.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve always loved coolwaters. totally old school, but a classic
1.gif
when my hubby wears it i just want ot snuggle up in his neck and just breathe
5.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I don''t like cologne. Just clean showered :)

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
I am leaning towards the Romance, I''m bald and shave my head completely, My ex loved the aftershave (gillete), so I would sometime just put a bit on even when I didn''t shave.

I also dont want anything overpowering, like I said I had a bottle for almost 3 yrs and love to be subtle.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
This is very 80s/early 90s of me, BUT, I still love Obsession for men. It reminds me of when we were dating. Last year I found a little tiny bottle of it at Target. He only wears it if I MAKE him and were at home. DH doesn''t wear any otherwise.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
our FAV on him is ferrari passion. really random, i know. he was looking for a new scent when we were in vegas. we smelled this and both fell in love with it.

he also wears banana republic's modern.

and the latest one he bought was burberry brit.

Acqua Di Gio by Armani reminds me of highschool/college. every guy seemed to wear it. but it does smell awesome.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
My husband is a cologne freak. His favorite is Aqua D Gio, then Armani Mania. I bought him Banana Republic Slate last week-smells nice

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
Try Tag body spray. I was an old school Polo guy.. still reminds me of 8th grade.

I really like tag body spray recently though.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
My FI wears Armani Mania, which I really like.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite on my husband is Dolce Gabana (sp)
I also like Allure and Armani Mania

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
Something like cologne is pretty personal and what smells good on one person may not smell so great on the next. So I say if you like RL Romance go for it. Also for many people smell is the most powerful link to memory so often people prefer one scent because they have positive associations with it so I would think it would be really hard to get an unbiased answer.

emsmile.gif
Rebecca

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Strm wears American Crew Sport...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
31.gif

Now I have to go spray some on the teddy bear he gave me and cry for the night cuz I miss him!
He left me some of his spray cologne so I wouldn''t forget him...fat chance of that
30.gif

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I loooooooooove American Crew Sport...we are both sensitive to scents and this one works for both of us :}

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to add that Strms favorite one is Hoppes#9...but have to admit...it is very manly
27.gif
31.gif

roo

Rough_Rock
issey miyake!

makes me swoooooon..

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
FI used to wear Allure, which I adored, but one of his friends (the leader of the group, no less) said he didn''t like it, so FI stopped wearing it. BOOO!!!

I was shopping recently and tried a new one by Calvin Klein. Think it''s Euphoria or something like that. I sprayed it on me and still liked it a couple hours later. FI said he liked it too but I need to spray it on him before I buy it for him. Cologne can smell different based on body chemistry.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for RL''s Romance!

DH and I did a "smell test" before our wedding. We were looking for a new fragrance to wear that day that would be "ours". Our favorite was Romance.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don''t like anything that''s too strong, and I don''t generally like cologne and perfume. I love Hugo Boss rhough - very subtle. That''s the only cologne DH can wear. He isn''t really a cologne guy either, but he does use the Hugo Boss deodorant. I just love it.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I bought Lacoste (the classic one) for my DH, and we both love it on him. I think Burberry Brit will be my next cologne purchase for him!

lilmissjaja

Rough_Rock
One more vote here for Issey Miyake....
12.gif
12.gif
it smells so good

Ohh... and Fahrenheit too.. I think it is Dior..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually i am not a huge fan of men's colognes. well...i actually don't like perfumes either. i have a really sensitive nose for smell and most of the manufactured smelly things bother my nose and i end up getting a headache. i don't wear perfumes..if i have ever worn anything it's typically like a rose water or something light. though i did wear banana's modern sometimes for nights out, like a tiny touch on my wrists only. that was mild enough to not bother me.

also i think that certain perfumes and colognes on people smell icky!!!! like i used to have this bf who wore 'cool water' cologne (haha that's so 90s but i loved it!) and it smelled REALLY good on him, i loved it. but another bf down the line used to wear it too and it smelled NASTY on him. i think that people's ph's and how they smell in general (natural smell) sometimes doesn't mix well with certain colognes... so it's really tough to recommend things to people on what they should wear.

greg doesn't wear cologne and i have always loved his normal manly 'greg' smell. i think i'd be grossed out if he wore cologne...it's like why ruin a good thing?! hehe.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love Hugo Boss, too. Subtle, sexy, and still reminds me of the hottest guy I ever dated. haha I''ve also smelled VS''s Very Sexy for men, and that''s not too bad, either.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not big on cologne for men. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, sorry! I greatly prefer the freshly showered and shaved scent on a man....my husband rocks my world when he smells of Dial and Edge shaving gel. Love it!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 7:21:12 PM
Author: Miranda
This is very 80s/early 90s of me, BUT, I still love Obsession for men. It reminds me of when we were dating. Last year I found a little tiny bottle of it at Target. He only wears it if I MAKE him and were at home. DH doesn''t wear any otherwise.
Oh yeah--Drakkar is like that for me.
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joop Nightflight Homme
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
30.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 3:12:52 AM
Author: Lorelei
Joop Nightflight Homme
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
Yup, that''s a yummy one, too. Always will remind me of this gay couple I met in Berkeley.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 6:09:59 AM
Author: JulieN

Date: 11/30/2006 3:12:52 AM
Author: Lorelei
Joop Nightflight Homme
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
Yup, that''s a yummy one, too. Always will remind me of this gay couple I met in Berkeley.
Hee - Hubby has had some ladies following behind him in a store saying " d-mn, he smells FINE
30.gif
30.gif
" which he does when he wears it
16.gif
I think it is a lesser known one, but it is a goodie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results