shape
carat
color
clarity

Men's Blazer - Store Recommendation

P

PierreBear

Hello PS Friends! I'm sure we are all starting our Xmas shopping or at least mentally trying to get prepared for it. Does anyone's DH have a recommendation on the best places to find a classic blazer that will stay in style for years to come? We live down south where it is just starting to get cold and I'm finding that some of the stores that we usually shop (EX: J Crew, Banana Republic...) at are selling out in sizes online. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
If you are looking for truly classic, that won't go out of style, then try Brooks Brothers or Nordstrom (various brands).
You are looking for the most basic style with the best fabric and tailoring/construction quality you can afford.
Whatever you decide on---have it tailored so it fits perfectly. Quality menswear stores typically do tailoring for no cost.
Make sure it doesn't have plastic buttons, which cheapen the look of any garment.
Traditionally men's blazers have brass buttons but if that is too 'old' for your DH---have them swapped out for horn or smoked mother of pearl.

Q

Queenie60

Try Macy's Mens Store

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Department stores are a good option, especially since they seem to be having sales left and right. Also, men's wearhouse could be an option if there is one by you.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nordie's. When you go, get the 'older' man working in the Men's Department, they understand proper fit and will direct the tailer appropriately.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PierreBear|1481120207|4105352 said:
Hello PS Friends! I'm sure we are all starting our Xmas shopping or at least mentally trying to get prepared for it. Does anyone's DH have a recommendation on the best places to find a classic blazer that will stay in style for years to come? We live down south where it is just starting to get cold and I'm finding that some of the stores that we usually shop (EX: J Crew, Banana Republic...) at are selling out in sizes online. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm not anyone else's DH, but can certainly speak to how to get a classic blazer for a man.

First, if you're looking for classic, and the absolute best fit, you need go no farther than your local (best) tailor. He/she can either order or make your husband a custom-made jacket. The advantage of this is that he/you will be able to choose the fabric, lining, monogram, embroidery thread color, etc. The only disadvantage is the time it takes to make and deliver the jacket. I'm sure you can pay for expedited manufacturing/shipping.

If you just want RTW, sure, Nordstrom is great. You'll need to take your man in and have him measured, no matter what, and go from there. Treat this like your engagement ring; ask him to specify fabric/buttons/monogram/embroidery thread color/fit. If he's going to wear something for a decade or so before upgrading, better make sure it's on point.

P

PierreBear

Thank you friends! We will go on a Xmas shopping date soon enough and check out the recommended stores. Have a great weekend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results