shape
carat
color
clarity

Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH headed off to one of our favorite places for a hiking weekend. I went the past 2 years and got mobbed by mosquitos so I'm staying home and enjoying a self-indulgent long weekend, It's a good thing I decided to stay home because one of the cats has an abscess on his chin and needs meds, the waterfall in the back garden sprung a leak and the repair crew is here today, and one of the litter robots stopped working. Event/s of this nature always to seem to happen when we plan on being away for longer than a day or two. Especially with the animals. One of them always either gets sick or injured right before a planned departure for a long vacation.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of our pools are opening this year but my son just bought a house with a built in pool. Assuming he gets it open, and he is trying, the forecast is for 86 and sunny. So bbq and pool time with the grandkids!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll be just like every other day since quarantine. :bigsmile:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Projects around the house, mostly cleaning and organizing. Lesson planning for next week's e-learning. The usual!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've made plans to deep clean my house! (hows that for excitement?) my husband is at his house, he's got a leak there so needs to be taken care of. Dog is with him so I get to actually sleep late!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! I'm excited to finally finish unpacking and cleaning and organizing! (I moved in October). I bought some plants and will put them in other pots or repot (have to research more as I'm a bit confused about this).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep I am doing the same thing this weekend I been doing for months...only exception is getting my hair done today...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cycling, hiking and caring for our kitties.

Friday was gorgeous so we cycled over 50 miles yesterday but today is rainy so we have errands to run and maybe we can get a (not too) wet hike today depending on time. Tomorrow and Monday look like cycling days so far.

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 6.49.06 AM.png

Whipping down the hills at over 25 miles per hour. Thrilling.

Hope everyone enjoys a good weekend.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staying in, doing laundry and some cleaning. Because of the hot weather, the floor of our orangery looks like a bug cemetery o_O

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staying in, doing laundry and some cleaning. Because of the hot weather, the floor of our orangery looks like a bug cemetery o_O

This. Only in my dining room (which has a huge glass lantern ceiling like an orangery) it's the sills around the top of the roof line. When the sun shines & there is reflection, it looks like Pet Cemetery up there. Flies, wasps, bees, the odd butterfly. It's pretty rank, but it's a job for the big ladder & I hate it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a big bumble bee on the floor yesterday morning, so I got a piece of foil, put sugar and water in it, then put it outside with the bumble bee. It gobbled it up then flew away.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a 3-day weekend too in UK with Monday being a public holiday.

Not venturing away from the comfort of my own house and garden, perhaps the local shops for any last minute shopping, and to walk the dog in town for a change of scenery, all just a short drive away.

Steak dinner tonight, BBQ on Sunday, and whatever that is available on Monday.

I shall do plant potting as much as I am able to do so with the plants I have purchased.

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No plans.
We don't do much any more.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cycling, hiking and caring for our kitties.

Friday was gorgeous so we cycled over 50 miles yesterday but today is rainy so we have errands to run and maybe we can get a (not too) wet hike today depending on time. Tomorrow and Monday look like cycling days so far.

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 6.49.06 AM.png

Whipping down the hills at over 25 miles per hour. Thrilling.

Hope everyone enjoys a good weekend.

So now you’ve peaked my curiosity....you guys ride recumbent bikes? Is it actually a tandem?
How cool!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So now you’ve peaked my curiosity....you guys ride recumbent bikes? Is it actually a tandem?
How cool!

We do. We have been riding tandems since the 90s. Our first was borrowed from good friends of ours who never rode theirs. A Burly. We were hooked. So after riding the Burly tandem we bought a Cannondale tandem that we rode for a decade. Then we decided we wanted an all carbon tandem. We got the gorgeous Calfee. Carbon and custom and amazing ride. Super comfortable. We rode the Calfee a long time. Fast forward to summer of 2017. I started having comfort issues no matter the saddle. Not to share too much lol but that’s when we decided to try the recumbent and we never looked back. Love. We cycled 9200 plus miles in 2019 on the recumbent tandem.

Sorry for the long explanation. Here’s a couple of pics. I’m on my phone so can’t find a Cannondale pic since that was before I had a mobile phone lol. But when I am back at my computer I can find one if you’d like.

Calfee. A dream bike.
We still have all our bikes.
384DC297-34D7-4987-A5A4-DAC5F8BE8602.jpeg

B23B1D28-9582-4E6D-9C12-35FAE16183F6.jpeg

Our current recumbent tandem. A trike. It’s amazing not to have to constantly balance in traffic etc.We just focus on the joy of cycling by the sea. It’s like flying. Blissful.

27B4A2DC-DBC7-49DE-AA21-98B020931EC5.jpeg

@Rockdiamond, How are you enjoying your new bike?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How cool!!!!
I’ve always wondered- how is it climbing steeps on a recumbent? I mean, you can’t stand on the pedals....
I’m truly in awe of you guys. Tandems have always impressed me. I mean you’re carrying around a lot more weight than two single bikes- or I wrong about this?
50 miles? You’re a goddess:)

OMG - changed my life.
At this point I am now a dedicated bike commuter.
I get a great workout each way. The pedal assist is just that. I pedal pretty much the entire ride. So you’re constantly working all the same parts that you would without assistance- it’s just a bit easier. Especially on the uphills. Much easier on the old knees.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool!!!!
I’ve always wondered- how is it climbing steeps on a recumbent? I mean, you can’t stand on the pedals....
I’m truly in awe of you guys. Tandems have always impressed me. I mean you’re carrying around a lot more weight than two single bikes- or I wrong about this?
50 miles? You’re a goddess:)

OMG - changed my life.
At this point I am now a dedicated bike commuter.
I get a great workout each way. The pedal assist is just that. I pedal pretty much the entire ride. So you’re constantly working all the same parts that you would without assistance- it’s just a bit easier. Especially on the uphills. Much easier on the old knees.

YAY! So glad you love your new bike. Awesome!

Climbing hills is my least favorite thing on the bike lol. And you are right. Tandems are super heavy. But the Calfee (carbon) weighed very little compared to other tandems. About 22 lbs. Our tandem now is a behemoth. Weighs about 60-80lbs. I don't remember which. It's heavy.

So climbing hills is (weigh haha) more challenging than a regular bike but we manage.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Electric assisted recumbent tandem......hmmmmm

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Electric assisted recumbent tandem......hmmmmm

It's possible! And Greg is figuring it out because he thinks it will only improve our experience. I have been resistant but finally coming around to see the benefits. You can go further, go longer and as you write still get a good workout because you are still cycling. I'll keep you posted.

IDK if your wife likes to cycle but it's wonderful cycling together. Our cycling guy Mel, who fit us for the Calfee custom tandem years ago, had a wise saying and it's so true. Lemme think. :think: OK went like this.

Wherever you are going in your relationship a tandem will get you there faster.

bitmojijustsayin.png

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Missy- I was as close to a “purist” as you get. I never imagined I’d be saying this but the electric assistance is a total game changer.
But then again .....I’ve not really ridden that much over the past 10 years. And you rode 50 miles yesterday. So clearly you’re able to get by without.
But still...imagine stress free uphill climbs. As much as I’ve always loved to ride, uphills were never fun for me.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
We do. We have been riding tandems since the 90s. Our first was borrowed from good friends of ours who never rode theirs. A Burly. We were hooked. So after riding the Burly tandem we bought a Cannondale tandem that we rode for a decade. Then we decided we wanted an all carbon tandem. We got the gorgeous Calfee. Carbon and custom and amazing ride. Super comfortable. We rode the Calfee a long time. Fast forward to summer of 2017. I started having comfort issues no matter the saddle. Not to share too much lol but that’s when we decided to try the recumbent and we never looked back. Love. We cycled 9200 plus miles in 2019 on the recumbent tandem.

Sorry for the long explanation. Here’s a couple of pics. I’m on my phone so can’t find a Cannondale pic since that was before I had a mobile phone lol. But when I am back at my computer I can find one if you’d like.

Calfee. A dream bike.
We still have all our bikes.
384DC297-34D7-4987-A5A4-DAC5F8BE8602.jpeg

B23B1D28-9582-4E6D-9C12-35FAE16183F6.jpeg

Our current recumbent tandem. A trike. It’s amazing not to have to constantly balance in traffic etc.We just focus on the joy of cycling by the sea. It’s like flying. Blissful.

27B4A2DC-DBC7-49DE-AA21-98B020931EC5.jpeg

This look fun!!!!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@missy - how do you guys deal with any stairs you may encounter on the tandem?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - how do you guys deal with any stairs you may encounter on the tandem?

We don't have any stairs to deal with...we keep it at our beach house. It can come apart though if need be to travel with it but we never plan on having to do that.

But still...imagine stress free uphill climbs. As much as I’ve always loved to ride, uphills were never fun for me.

Same. And going downhill is da best. Here's an old video showing how we routinely hit over 30 mph going downhill. It's pretty fun.
And that's with the canopy. When we remove the canopy (less sunny days or very windy days) we fly even faster.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a big bumble bee on the floor yesterday morning, so I got a piece of foil, put sugar and water in it, then put it outside with the bumble bee. It gobbled it up then flew away.

Well done! Yes, we pretty regular bee savers here too. I have no idea why they get in so easily but then can't get out again.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you and Greg are such a cute couple! And you both must have thighs of iron!!! :-o

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a surprise BD party for my wife on Saturday at DD's house. She was surprised to see her brothers and sisters along with their SOs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results