shape
carat
color
clarity

Melissa Sweet Fern

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rachel251

Rough_Rock
Ok here is my story. My mother and I went gown shopping last week and I tried on the Melissa Sweet "Fern" gown. We both fell in love with the dress. Mom told me that it's a gown grandma would have loved if she was still with us. It was so romantic and flattering on me. The only thing keeping me from getting the gown is the insane price. I've found girls online that have sold it already for a price in my range but nothing seems to work out. Either they sold it to someone who wants to keep it, and i dont blame them, or the size is just too small. I'm looking for a 10 or 12 or maybe even an 8. I'm hoping and praying that I'll find one in my size that will work with my budget before my March 2010 wedding.

If anyone knows someone selling this gown, I hope you will think of me. =)

Rachel

Here is a link to a picture of the dress http://www.charleston.net/photos/2008/jan/29/6820/

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous, and I bet you will find one since you have so long. However, I also think you could achieve that same look with a lower pricetag. I haven''t seen it in person, so maybe the fabric is what oyu are in love with, but I saw a lot of really pretty similar dresses when I was shopping. My friend wore Casablanca 1900 in December, and I was immediately reminded of her dress when I clicked on your link. She was stunning, and the dress had a very grandmother vintage lace look. It was perfect on her. Maybe you would like it too!

I tried to download a picture of it, but it was taking forever. Here''s a link!

http://casablancabridal.com/collections/view/2/32http://casablancabridal.com/collections/view/2/32

rachel251

Rough_Rock
That''s funny you mentioned the Casablanca gown because that''s a favorite of mine too. The only thing is that I''m not sure what it looks like on me and I would have to drive pretty far to find a boutique that has it. But I do have time so I think I might actually make the road trip. But still if I had pick I would go with the Melissa sweet gown because the ruffles at the top are very "me". =) I do like the 1900 though...gorgeous gown.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my Priscilla of Boston gown on preownedweddingdresses.com for over 50% off. I really think that if you love this dress, you will have time to get it. More will be for sale as the year goes by. When I was shopping for a dress, I didn''t have a particular one in mind - just a laundry list of features I like. I kept an eye out for dresses that fit my criteria on that web site, saw my vineyard collection Nora listed, went to the store to try it on, and bought it that week.

rachel251

Rough_Rock
Oh i love preownedweddingdresses.com. I''m on there almost every day checking to see what''s new.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
rachel - That''s a beautiful dress. How fortunate for you that you have so much time. I''m certain that it will show up on preownedweddingdresses.com or oncewed.com or another site like that.

If you are still looking at other dresses as possibilities, I just found this site last night that you might like. They might have a Monique Lhullier for you at a price in your range that is brand new!
31.gif

www.yourdreamdress.com

Good luck with your search!
35.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rachel,

I fell in love with MS Fern as well. It is indeed a beautiful dress. As my wedding is about 4 months away, I went on a frantic hunt for it on pre-owned, sample dress wedding sites, sample salon, ebay, craigslist, other wedding forum to see if anyone is selling, and I even posted a wanted ad. As I could not find it anywhere, I used Bridepower.com "Gown Locator" function which cost $50 and they will try to locate the dress (around your size) within like 7 - 10 days (can't remember the exact period). If they cannot find it within the period, they will refund the $50 charge. You can also use their "Gown Notifier" function where you will be notified should the gown came into their inventory. Your Gown Notifier will stay on file for 120 days. I didn't see any fee for this service.

They managed to find a sample at my requested size and color within like 5 working days but the price was $2,600. I figured that if I get it at a trunk show with 10% discount and it's customized hollow to hem, I would save alot on alternations as well (as I am very short, need to cut off the bottom and move the lace tiers proportionately). At the end of it, the sample is not much cheaper than a brand new dress.

I didn't get Fern for several reasons and price is just one of them. Anyhow, below are the other sites (in addtion to sites already mentioned earlier):

- www.oncewed.com
- www.bridepower.com
- www.bravobride.com
- www.encorebride.com

and many others. Do check out Ebay and Craigslist (not just your area but expand your search using google function). Someone told me about a Craigslist Canada posting with Fern for sale but it had expired when I finally decided to inquire about it.

You have MUCH more time than me, so take your time.

Good luck on your search!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say that the MS Fern is my absolute dream dress!! Not that I''m very active in my dress search (since I''m still a LIW), I have yet to see anything like it and the small details in the dress are incomparable. Lots of luck and dust to finding your dress!
1.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That dress is gorgeous
30.gif

You may want to keep trying:
preownedweddingdresses.com
oncewed.com
craigslist
e-bay

Good Luck!
35.gif

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
I love this dress I hope you could get it for a great deal.
1.gif

rachel251

Rough_Rock
So I think I''m over my Melissa Sweet Fern obsession. I tracked down the Casablanca 1900 gown. Absolutely beautiful!!! I didn''t want to take it off and mom actually liked it better on me than the Fern dress. Plus it was under $1000. =) We ordered it today!! I think I''m going to do a super sheer ivory floor length veil with it.

Here are pictures of the gown:

http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/2/32

This is another picture of the gown online:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.soontobethegrises.com/images/gown17.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.soontobethegrises.com/adrianandjennyswedding/jennysdresses.html&usg=__hvgZJAs-3uDs6NUIh7US-_Pau2M=&h=700&w=467&sz=114&hl=en&start=34&um=1&tbnid=s0TcrUc9NSoc_M:&tbnh=140&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcasablanca%2B1900%2Bgown%26start%3D21%26ndsp%3D21%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GWYE_enUS243US243%26sa%3DN

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I love the casablanca dress. It''s always been on my list since before I was even engaged.

Congrats on finding a dress.....now we need pictures of you in the dress!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love that Casablanca gown! What color did you get it in? I have only seen it in the champagne, but I adore it in that color!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yay!!! When I saw the pictures at the beginning of the thread, I thought to myself that I loved the Casablanca gown more!!! So I am thrilled for you that you found one to try on!

rachel251

Rough_Rock
I got it in Champagne. =) I love the way the ivory lace pops against the champagne satin. I can''t wait for the dress to come in. Pictures are coming soon!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous dress! Did you take pictures of you in the dress??

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the Casablanca - so glad you found a dress you (and mom) adore, and within budget!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results