shape
carat
color
clarity

Melissa Sweet dress prices?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsPicky

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know the price range for a Melissa Sweet bridal gown?

I would really like to have an idea...

Any ideas would be helpful....Thanks!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Ohh. I don''t know...but me tinks pricey?!

GL! :)

cara

Ideal_Rock
Um, guess is 3k +

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
its hard to say there is like one standard price. it all depends on labor, fabric, material, etc. it also depends on whether its a runway dress (more exclusive) or off the rack (mass produced). i know she is pretty high-end and apparently the next "vera wang" of evening wear. her dresses are gorgeous! go with what you love!

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
check on the knot.com

they show you how much gowns cost buy the designers name

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
my MS gown was 4k canadian (althought i did get some taken off due to a trunk sale)

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
My MS dress was a little over $3k... I think $3200 from the Priscilla of Boston just outside Philadelphia. Depends somewhat on what part of the country you''re in, I believe....

MsPicky

Rough_Rock
I guess it doesn''t help that I''m in NY...LOL!

I absolutely love her dresses though....they''re stunning!!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 3:49:51 PM
Author: MsPicky
I guess it doesn''t help that I''m in NY...LOL!

I absolutely love her dresses though....they''re stunning!!!
Helps with selection... definitely not with pricing!!
1.gif

Also, my dress is fairly simple silk with some draping.... the Nicolette. I tried another Melissa Sweet that was all lace, and that was closer to $5500... so costs really do vary depending on style and fabric. Oh, and my friend found her MS at a sample sale and only paid around $1000...

MsPicky

Rough_Rock
Are trunk shows the same as sample sales?

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 2:51:18 PM
Author: MsPicky
Are trunk shoes the same as sample sales?
From my understanding, a trunk show is when a particular designer comes to a wedding shop to present their full collection. Typically prices are discounted for that day or weekend, but only by 10% or so.

A sample sale is when a dress shop decides to clear out its inventory and sells the dresses that have been used for trying-on purposes. Those prices tend to be MUCH cheaper... often 50% off or even more... but that is because the dresses are often damaged or dirty from being tried on many times. Still, if it is something that can be taken care of by dry-cleaning or a seamstress, these can be great deals!!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
the melissa sweet dresses i looked at were $4800 (all lace) and $3900 (silk with few embellishments). i don''t think they had any under 3K. and this was in the midwest (which is often cheaper).

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
my Melissa Sweet Lia was $3600, most of the dresses were $3400-$3900

MsPicky

Rough_Rock
Diamonds are hot,

The LIA is absolutely beautiful...do you have any pictures of yourself wearing it?

Everyone else...thanks for the information on prices and for clearing up some things for me...it''s all been very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results