shape
carat
color
clarity

Melissa Sweet Bridesmaid Dresses-Anyone Know Of A Less Expensive Line/Style That''s Similar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi expert PS brides! I went on a 5 hour shopping mission yesterday for bridesmaid dresses and I found one great shop with some really pretty options. My favorites were the Melissa Sweet bridesmaid dresses, but I don't really want to ask my bridesmaids to spend $250 on a dress that they will likely only wear once. Does anyone know of a line with similar styles? Or just a regular dress that's similar? I need it to be grey/silver. Any help would be appreciated!

ETA and if you know of a place to order the Melissa Sweet dresses for less $ that would be awesome, too!

Below is a photo of my favorite, the MS 219. I also really liked MS 101-that's the picture below.

ms219_primary.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the MS 101:

ms101_primary.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Price range?

ETA: And what sizes do you need?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions, Freke! I saw a few of the Bluefly ones already and I like them, but I don't know if they're exactly what I'm looking for. The Nordstrom one is totally on the list, though, and I absolutely LOVE the dress at Neiman! (The silver Vera Wang KILLS me!)

I'd like to keep the price under $150, $175, max, and I need 2 size 0's or 2's and 1 size 8.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I think Vineyard is less expensive than melissa sweet, but VERY similar. They may be closer in price than I am thinking though.

I think Anne Taylor has some pretty inexpensive BM dresses that are simple. And as always, I''m a big jcrew fan.

with so few BMs, you may want to shop around at like Macy''s or another department store and just find dresses off the rack. Maggie London has some really cute dresses that aren''t super expensive.

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Contact Pearl''s Place (http://www.pearlsplace.com/) they are a bridal salon in Louisiana and they often sell dresses for less than other salons. A lot of women on The Knot and Wedding Channel have used them with no problems. You could also contact RK Bridal they are located in NY I believe and also sell dresses for less.

Otherwise my vote is for JCrew. Love their dresses and they have a number of them available in gray.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:52:56 PM
Author: Barcelona
Contact Pearl''s Place (http://www.pearlsplace.com/) they are a bridal salon in Louisiana and they often sell dresses for less than other salons. A lot of women on The Knot and Wedding Channel have used them with no problems. You could also contact RK Bridal they are located in NY I believe and also sell dresses for less.

I second calling Pearl''s Place. I bought my Marisa wedding gown there (priced at $1800, found in 2 places for $1500, paid $1189 at Pearl''s). I also just ordered the BM dresses for my friend''s wedding this coming October there. They were around $175-$200 in all the salons up here (Northeast) but we paid $140 a piece shipped from Pearl''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results