shape
carat
color
clarity

Melie Bianco handbags

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought this handbag today at the Southern Women''s Show, which is in a convention center where all these vendors sell things that may appeal to women. It''s ash gray. I thought it was real leather because it''s so buttery soft.

I went home and surfed the internet for the brand name, Melie Bianco. It''s actually pleather!! I would''ve never guessed. At first I was disappointed, but then I thought that pleather might actually be better since then I guess I can''t really ruin it if I spill liquid on it, for example.

Just wanted to let you all know how great it is. I found them sold on ebay, too. I paid $64 + tax for mine, but they''re sold in a variety of prices on ebay. I may get more colors or other styles by them once I see how the gray is working out for me.

melie bianco 19393.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for this post!
I have been looking for a new bag lately and the Melie Bianco''s (on ebay) have appealed to me.
So does it feel like leather? Do the handled look well made or like they may peel?
Also, what is the lining like?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am glad someone here has one!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie, yes, it totally feels like real leather, like nubuck. It's got a distressed look to it, which makes it look real. The handles are very well-made. The lining is this brown, satiny material, and the whole thing is very well-constructed. That's why I thought it would've cost a lot more than it did!!! I am so excited about mine that I have had it next to me on the couch all night. I keep looking at it. Even my cat has been laying on it!! I just haven't been this excited about a purse in a long time.

ETA: The lining is not actually silky and brown. I was thinking of my other purse. The lining on this one is brown cotton with a cute little pink Melie Bianco tag sewn in. It's got a zipper pocket inside for your keys, with two other inside pockets.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great looking bag Lizz! I had a pleather Donald Pliner bag once it was SO durable.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I adore melie bianco bags. I have 2, one is from a few seasons ago, it''s the white Big Ring knotted hobo (similar to what LC carried on laguna beach). And then I have a little Chevron bag in orange, gold, yellow, and pink. They are super cute. I carried my white one for 2 summers and litterally loved it to pieces. The poor thing is on it''s last leg (sadly).

I really like the one you have pictured. It''s nice and structured.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
some thoughts:
i can''t bring myself to pay $$$ for a handbag....
pleather is pushed by PETA as a great leather substitute....
styles come and go and everything is a variation of one thing or another....

i love that gray purse and wouldn''t feel wasteful if i spent the $ for it, would enjoy its soft leather feel, and like the fact that is currently fashiionable yet stylish to be used for as long as it holds up.

great find and i''m glad i read this thread!

movie zombie

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie, I guess MB has so-called knockoffs, although I didn't know it when I bought it. My bag is supposedly a knockoff of the Jean-Paul Gaultier bag, but I looked at the real thing, and mine looks nothing like it. Not even close in style. So I don't feel like it's really a knockoff. I just bought 3 more on the internet, and they arrived today. I have all different styles and colors. Now, no more handbags for a few years!

MZ, I'm like you. I can't justify spending big bucks for a handbag. Especially since a new style or color may catch my eye, and I would interchange them. If I used a more expensive handbag day after day, year after year (once I used this purse I had every day for 3 years until it fell apart!), then I MIGHT consider spending more on one. But for now, I just can't. I thought about the pleather thing too and how, if it feels and looks like real leather, why not?!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
They sort of are knock-offs, but they are so dang soft and cute! I get more comments on my not-so-pricey mellie bags than I do on any other bags I own.

I dunno, I am with Movie Zombie, shelling out $100''s for a designer bag just seems silly to me when I can get the look and quallity I want for much less. This holds true for me ESPECIALLY since bags come in and out of style so quickly. Saving on bags lets me spend more on high end basics (jeans, coats, ect). (not that I wouldn''t LOVE to own a nice fendi just to say I have one)

I have a $7 payless bag that everyone thinks is some designer or other. I get "Is that such-and-such?" all the time. It''s just a plain lil bag with no labels on it anywhere. I guess it just has a good shape and color to it.

Now what I DON''T like is knock off bags with a knock off of a designer''s monogram spamped on them. Ick. those fake LV bags were all the rage a few years ago, and they were hideous.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Lizz (and others) what do you think of this legacy style bag?? I like it not bc it looks like a coach, but bc I do like the design.

eta: I guess I really like it bc it is the same one I posted the link to before..lol

9d_1.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie, I like that bag. I think that color will go with a lot. I always like two outside pockets on my bags because I like to put my cell phone and sunglasses in there. So many of their handbags are so cute.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Sophie, I am a huge fan of Coach and I think that bag is fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results