shape
carat
color
clarity

Meal Delivery Services?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Gussie, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Gussie
    Ideal_Rock

by Gussie » Feb 26, 2019
    Any recommendations for meal delivery services?

I am using Blue Apron for only a meals per week now. I like it but my kids don't.

Hello Fresh didn't work for us either because of weird delivery times.

I discontinued Home Chef because I wasn't pleased with their meat.

Any ideas?

2. House Cat
    Ideal_Rock

by House Cat » Feb 26, 2019
    We used Green Chef for quite a while. Their paleo menu was amazing.

Gussie likes this.
  3. elizat
    Brilliant_Rock

by elizat » Feb 26, 2019
    I have used Home Chef and think the menu is a little more traditional. So good for pickier eaters. But if you don't like the meat, it's out.

I tried Martha and Marley Spoon. It was ok. Some of it was pretty good and some was just pretty blah. I stopped it because it seemed like almost everything had quinoa, kale or beets in it at one point. All things I don't really like.

A friend has used Green Chef and liked it.

I have read some good reviews for Terras Kitchen. But it seems like a ton of waste packaging.

Gussie likes this.
  4. bludiva
    Brilliant_Rock

by bludiva » Feb 26, 2019
    We did blue apron for a while but I found that it didn't save time vs our normal cooking so we quit. Also didn't like that I couldn't set up a recurring order for once a month or so for the novelty instead of every week.

Is there a snap kitchen near you? I know some people who use that, or heb's prepared meals, I think they have delivery options.

Gussie likes this.

5. Gussie
    Ideal_Rock

by Gussie » Feb 26, 2019
    We try to sit down together every weeknight but it gets hard with dh working late and 3 kids with activities. I like how everything is all together and cooking it is usually pretty quick and simple. Plus I don't have to come up with ideas for meals. And no leftovers.

I will look into these. Thanks for the suggestions!

6. Gussie
    Ideal_Rock

by Gussie » Feb 26, 2019
    No Snap near me. I haven't had many heb prepared meals that I thought were very good. Maybe I haven't tried the right ones. Even with delivery service, I am in heb at least twice a week.

We are getting a Harvest Market near us. It is supposed to be similar to whole foods. Do you have one near you?

7. bludiva
    Brilliant_Rock

by bludiva » Feb 26, 2019
    Nope, we have an HEB 2 blocks away so usually go there, central mkt or trader joes every once in a while since it reminds me of cali :lol:

Gussie likes this.
  8. elliefire99
    Brilliant_Rock

by elliefire99 » Feb 27, 2019
    I don't even know what heb is :whistle::whistle::whistle: Livin in my cali bubble.

Not sure if you are looking only for meal kits only, but I just did an interview with the CEO of Veestro, which seemed interesting, if your family won't riot at the fact that it's plant-based haha

You don't have to do a subscription to make orders, so you could maybe try a few meals to see what you think....

Gussie likes this.
  9. Gussie
    Ideal_Rock

by Gussie » Feb 27, 2019
    Thanks! I admit I chuckled a little when I thought about serving dh, the quintessential beef loving Texan, a plant based meal. :lol::lol::lol:

10. Loves Vintage
    Ideal_Rock

by Loves Vintage » Feb 27, 2019
    I wonder if it would be hard to find a good match because of your kids' preferences. You'd really need to find something that they want to eat too? We've only done Blue Apron, and we don't eat meat, so I only order about once a month or so. My kids also aren't too interested in it. Have you considered meal planning? That might hit the right note for you and your family?

Gussie likes this.