shape
carat
color
clarity

McCartney, the fool on the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Hey Paul. No prenup. What a fool. Heather the gold diggers gold digger, she will walk away with $325,000,000.00. She makes Anna Nickle Smith look like an amature.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The way the laws written are in Great Britain, pre-nups are generally not enforceable anyway.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Then he should have gotten married in the states. His kids didn''t care for her. He tried to bounce back to fast from Linda''s passing.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Well then, I guess he was just a fool for love. He had a very good marriage with Linda and I guess hadn't been burned enough times to become cynical. I don't know whether or not he rushed into anything with Heather, but I can see where a man who had never been apart more than a day from his former wife would be incredibly lonely after she passed away. I feel bad for him but even if he has to give Heather more than 300 million dollars, I think he can still live quite comfortably on 700 million. They have a child together so their case is going to be a lot different than Anna Nicole Smith's. Don't forget if the fight gets nasty, Paul is very popular in England and I think his high priced lawyers can quite convincingly argue his case to protect all of the marital assets he accumulated before Heather came into the picture. He may have already placed a huge amount into trusts for his children with Linda so I'm not so sure she's entitled to that money.

Even if they had gotten married in the States it wouldn't change anything since they are British citizens. Those people who get married in Jamaica are still subject to US law when they divorce if they are US citizens.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Guess she doesn''t wish to "need and feed"
emnote.gif
him any longer.....

cheers--Sharon

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe she just wanted a good steak?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
She''s going to get lots and lots of money...if for no other reason than because their daughter is the daughter of Beatle...and they need security and all that stuff...and the daughter of a Beatle should have a certain lifestyle, no?

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
This is so incredibly sad.

I remember when Paul was getting married, I thought it seemed too soon. In my opinion, it seemed like he was trying to get over the great love of his life with Heather. I am sure it worked for a while...but...

It seems as though Paul and Linda had an amazing relationship. They were each others ''great'' love. Their relationship always seemed better than other celebs.

I also remember his kids wanting nothing to do with her. I get that on the one hand - but it seemed like they just didn''t like her, as a person, at all. (Didn''t they do a little bashing in the press?)

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I was shocked when I heard this yesterday!! And no pre-nup...
38.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
They split???? I''ve been way out of the loop lately. This doesn''t surprise me though. Anyone remember the big fight before the wedding when the ering went over the balcony??? It''s a shame he alianated his kids for her. Oh well, live and learn. It was too soon after his wife passed. He should take time for himself now.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
While they are trying to reform them, the maritail laws (for want of better terminology) FAVOR strongly the women - especially if children are involved. He''s screwed.

But, maybe she will take a settlement that doesn''t seem outrageous.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Call me naive, but I really hope she takes the high road here. I really like PM. I saw him in concert a few years back and he seems like the most nice, ''regular'' guy you would ever meet. I have never heard anyone have a bad thing to say about him. I hope his sweet, romantic nature didn''t cost him a ton.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heather has caused a lot of controversy here for years and I think many of us Brits were amazed when she and Paul became and item, she didn''t seem at all like the sort of wife he would choose....this day was inevitable unfortunately. Heather has done a lot of good however and I hope she will continue to do so for amputees and animals.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 11:56:39 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Guess she doesn''t wish to ''need and feed''
emnote.gif
him any longer.....

cheers--Sharon
Ironically, he turns 64 in June! Poor guy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results