shape
carat
color
clarity

May propose at baseball game

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adamg5

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think? SF giants final night game of the season. We both love the Giants and go to alot of games. I just don''t know what exactly to put on the scoreboard besides, "Will you marry me"

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
"Will you marry me, (name)?" is probably sufficient. You've already said you both love going to the games so that's good. Just make sure that she would enjoy a VERY public proposal. If she's the sort of person that would, then it may work for you. Remember that the scoreboard is only one part of the proposal. You should have plans of what you want to say and do all day/evening. A good proposal sets a positive mood throughout the day/evening with the proposal itself as the high point. You should also think about what you want to do after even though you may not be able to be absolutely sure what she would want to do after. Will she want to run off and tell friends and family? Would she want to spend the rest of the evening alone with you? In public in private? Give it some thought and good luck. Post your ideas here if you want comments.

adamg5

Rough_Rock
thanks for the response.
1.gif

I was thinking about having our parents secretly sitting in the stands until it comes up on the scoreboard. May have some other family and friends go as well to celebrate. I really think she would not mind a public engagement. Besides I want to do something different and more exciting than my friends have done. After the game I think a nice dinner would be nice too. The game starts at 7:30 so it will be a late dinner but everything should work out.
I was also thinking a early dinner with the parents, but I think she would think something is up since we've never gone with our parents you know.
1.gif

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like it could go very well. Having her parents be there (but hidden until after the proposal) is a very cool idea too (if she would want her parents around, which I assume is true). You're right though. Don't go to dinner with parents before, but there's nothing stopping you from going to dinner after to celebrate. (Okay I just noticed it would be like after 10:30 p.m., but you could still go have a snack or coffee) Or would she prefer to be alone with you? You obviously must get along well with her parents. Do they know yet you intend to propose?

adamg5

Rough_Rock
Hi Jim,
thanks for the response. I told our parents last thursday and they are so excited about it. I finally found the a ring too. I was originally looking for a 8star but I found a gabrielle diamond that just took my breath away!
We should definitly celebrate afterwards....I'm sure we'll find something to do!!
Thanks again.
Adam
twirl.gif

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Be sure to tell us how it goes!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I think your idea sounds great! I would love it if my BF proposed to me at a Yankees game (we're big fans and go to several games a season). Friends and family being there sounds wonderful too , but after you've proposed. I wouldn't take them to the dinner.

I love your idea!
appl.gif

Good luck! Let us know.

adamg5

Rough_Rock
Well the proposal went better than expected.
1.gif

She had no idea our parents were at the game and she was completely surprised. Our whole section around us gave us a standing ovation
appl.gif
and we even had strangers taking pictures of me asking her to marry me.
It was great! Thanks for all you replies
9.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It sounds like it was a wonderful suprise. Great idea!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results