shape
carat
color
clarity

May have found my dress!

A

Anonymous

I didn't order it yet, because I want to shed a good 20 lbs (more, if possible) before my FMIL visits in Nov, but I really liked this dress. I'm not 100% sold on it yet, since it was the 2nd dress I tried on and have only tried a handful so far on my first outing. So, be honest please!

IMG_0595.JPG

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to see more pics. I think I tried something similar without sleeves? I can't tell. From this view it looks good on you! :)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
It's a little difficult to tell with the angle of the picture, but I think the pleats on the bust are just gorgeous and the deep-v neckline is really flattering!

A

Anonymous

Yep, the sleeves are actually not part of the dress. They look pretty good though (much better than my icky arms!) and the fabric is an exact match to the dress. I'll put up a couple more pics, but I'm NOT photogenic, especially with no warning of when she was going to snap the pics! :wacko:

I really don't like the dress without sleeves, I just hate my arms. :errrr: Also, please forgive me for multiple posts. I still haven't figured out how to get more than one loaded per post. :rolleyes:

Back_No_Sleeves.jpg

Front_With_Sleeves_Profile.jpg

Side_Close_Sleeves.jpg

Side_No_Sleeves_Profile.jpg

A

Anonymous

Urgh...I had a whole post done and got an error! Anyhow, yes this probably is the same one you tried on. The seamstress had sleeves that she offered to pin/tuck in as an example. Before that, it was a NO WAY because I hate my arms. :errrr:

I'm including a couple of shots for profile views that were taken before the sleeves were added, so please ignore the appendages. :roll:

Back_No_Sleeves.jpg

Side_No_Sleeves_Profile.jpg

A

Anonymous

errrr I guess it did add the 4 photo one. Ignore the last two posts, sorry!!! :confused:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely on you!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tammy - it's gorgeous on you! love it with and without the sleeves :)

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this dress with the sleeves.
It is so flattering to your upper body
while the skirt is simple and sleek.
The fit is very good also.
Looks like a winner to me.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the input. :twirl: The only other thing I'll definitely do, aside from losing some serious weight, is to have them take the front up just a smidgen to get rid of the cleavage. :tongue:

A

Anonymous

Hrm, well I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but after going back and looking at the photos today, I'm on the fence again. :???: My friend asked me to go back to David's with her this weekend, so I'm going to try on some different styles. Bah!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Tammy - try on these 2...I was torn between both and ended up with the first one. They are both from Davids.
I thoguth they were both EXTREMELY flattering (and I am a 16 at this point).
I LOVE it
The second one has the lace up back which looks so cool!

PS - don't hate your arms!! Give these a shot - I think sometimes we get stuck in what we thing is right for our figures and it can end up closing doors! try on lots of different styles, you never know!! Halter is a good style too....

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Chi ... pire-V9743

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Chi ... dice-V9409

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I LOOOOOOVE this dress on you. Looks really really really good...and the sleeves in my opinion, is what makes the dress.

A

Anonymous

Pushin40 said:
Hey Tammy - try on these 2...I was torn between both and ended up with the first one. They are both from Davids.
I LOVE it

PS - don't hate your arms!! Give these a shot - I think sometimes we get stuck in what we thing is right for our figures and it can end up closing doors! try on lots of different styles, you never know!! Halter is a good style too....

Ok I'm LOVING the second one (the V9409). I wonder if they could get that in even remotely close to my size to try it on. Thank you for the suggestions!!

I tried a halter, but I have such huge tatas that it hurts my neck to wear a halter. :(( I'd love to be able to pull it off though, it's such a beautiful style!

I like the dress, but I'm not a fan of the "rippling" sleeves. Have you thought of a bolero, shrug, or wrap instead? There are some sassy ones out there that would you give you the coverage you want, while still being glamorous. Just a suggestion. :)

A

Anonymous

Mrs Sterling - I tried a couple of the ones they had at the store, but was unimpressed. I am starting to have reservations about the style of the sleeves from a "timeless" standpoint. They look pretty, but definitely have the risk of being a bit on the odd side. Hrmmmm...

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
tammy77 said:
Pushin40 said:
I LOVE it

Ok I'm LOVING the second one (the V9409). I wonder if they could get that in even remotely close to my size to try it on. Thank you for the suggestions!!

I tried a halter, but I have such huge tatas that it hurts my neck to wear a halter. :(( I'd love to be able to pull it off though, it's such a beautiful style!

They will ahve it in your size, maybe not in the store but they have it.....see if they can find one in your size to try on (give them a call first?)
The best part about that derss is that it has some vertical ruching and it is SOO flattering and very slimming! After I bought the first one I went back to try this one on again. I still love it ,but decided to stick to the first. I really went back and forth on it. It's really light weight and comfortabel too (Looks like the one in your pictures is too, as well.)

Good luck and keep trying on for the fun of it! I really do like this gown on you but it does seem lile you are unsure.....When is the wedding?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip about calling ahead, I'll do that! The wedding isn't until June 30, 2011. So I have some time to lose weight but still order my dress in plenty of time. I won't push it beyond Nov for the ordering though because I don't want to even consider stressing about it not arriving in time. :errrr:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
MissMina said:
I LOVE this dress with the sleeves.
It is so flattering to your upper body
while the skirt is simple and sleek.
The fit is very good also.
Looks like a winner to me.

Super duper ditto!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this dress on you! The sleeves are ridiculously cute!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a lovely dress! It looks good on you, especially the nice v neck (you have the ta-tas to pull it off :wink2: )

I personally like it without the sleeves, but if you're more comfortable with them on, then do it. It looks nice either way.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it on you with the set of sleeves, very flattering to your figure!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the dress looks fantastic on you!!! Very flattering, and I love the sleeves!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um said:
tammy, that dress is lovely on you! I prefer it without the sleeves as well.

Here are a few more that I tried on at David's and really liked...they may work for you as well!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...-9WG9977_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...-9WG9854_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...e-ES9899_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

I really like all of these dresses (especially the 1st and 3rd)!

A

Anonymous

Oooh thank you for the link! I did try on the first dress, but it was too big so my tatas were falling out of it and just looked :knockout: in it. I LOVE the second one, definitely added that to my wish list to try on tomorrow when we go. :bigsmile: I'm not a huge fan of the flowers on the front of the 3rd one, but I'm happy to try it on anyhow in case it looks better than I imagine it will...it's different, and I do like that!

I can't wait to go tomorrow!! I feel huge and fat :rolleyes: and I'm going with my size 4 friend so that will probably make me feel even fatter, but she's a sweetie so it's ok. :lol:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
tammy77 said:
Oooh thank you for the link! I did try on the first dress, but it was too big so my tatas were falling out of it and just looked :knockout: in it. I LOVE the second one, definitely added that to my wish list to try on tomorrow when we go. :bigsmile: I'm not a huge fan of the flowers on the front of the 3rd one, but I'm happy to try it on anyhow in case it looks better than I imagine it will...it's different, and I do like that!
I can't wait to go tomorrow!! I feel huge and fat :rolleyes: and I'm going with my size 4 friend so that will probably make me feel even fatter, but she's a sweetie so it's ok. :lol:

Let me just say, I thought the *exact same thing* about that 3rd dress before I tried it on. I really really liked it! I just didn't like how I looked in the halter style. But it's really unique and special! Take lots of pictures!!! :appl:

A

Anonymous

I will be taking lots of pics, trust me! :naughty: I suspect that I won't like the one because the only halter I've tried on so far I have not liked on me at all, and it was a little uncomfy on my neck because I'm top heavy. :rolleyes: I'm happy to give it a shot though! :razz:

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think it's very flattering. Your arms look fine too.

A

Anonymous

I went back today, will post another thread with pics of my new favorite, which I *think* looks SO much better than this one! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results