shape
carat
color
clarity

Maul store old jewelry--which is best site to use for selling? Craigslist or Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I have some jewelry items (pre Pricescope) that I simply don't wear anymore. Some are only gold with no stones, but the pieces with diamonds and other stones are pretty even though they aren't the best quality....definitely not up to PS standards, anyway.
2.gif

How do you think I can get the best price? Craigslist or Ebay?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try Craigslist since it is free, but I have always had better luck selling things on Ebay.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Diamond Dana, I have only recently posted items on Craigslist for MIL (non-jewelry) and got immediate interest. I have never used Ebay and don't understand the whole PayPal thing....sigh, I am so-o-o-o behind the times...but I do have a friend who can teach me so that may be an option.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would try CL first because you have control over how much the item will go for and you do not have to pay fees. Years back I sold a pair of diamond huggies (with so-so diamonds) and only got $70 for them. After fees and PP costs, I made only $50. The earrings were originally $350.

Last summer, I tried to sell a pair of very good quality .50 tcw studs on CL for $700 (since now I wear my .82 tcw ACAs and would rather have used the .50 tcw diamond money for something else
1.gif
) and nobody responded. Just like eBay buyers, CL wants super deals.

You can always try CL and eBay will be your back up plan.

Good luck.

Oh, and I've always gotten immediate interest for other things. One item I put up, I got over 20 emails w/in an hour. The more practical an item is, the better the response. With the bad economy, it may be better of waiting to sell anything.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I sold a bracelet on ebay from an ex boyfriend. I probably got half of what he paid for it but sold it for what I thought was fair. I''ve never had luck with Craigslist.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Craigslist is better suited for things like furniture and other large items IMO. I''d go ebay, wider audience.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all for your suggestions. Still not sure what I''m going to do but it''s nice to have several options.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results