shape
carat
color
clarity

Maui proposal idea - ladies please chime in

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

realron75

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I plan on proposing in Maui at the end of this month. I have a number of choices. Please give me some opinions on what you think is best.

1. Propose at the aquarium. They can sneak a diver in one of the tanks with a "_____ will you marry me sign". Big suprise factor, low on romance.

2. On the beach, day, night, morning, lots of beach to choose from.

3. At dinner.

4. Mountaintop at sunrise.

So many choices. Not sure if its better to be romantic or just have some fun and surprise her in a way she won''t expect.

Any comments out there are greatly appreciated!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
The aquarium idea is fabulous. It sounds like a lot of fun. As for romance - it''s defined by the people living the moment, and fun can certainly be romantic. By it''s nature, a proposal of marraige is filled with romance. What could be more romantic than professing your desire to wed to the woman you love? The big question is, what do you think she would like best? Would she be embarassed by this proposal, or do you think she''d love it?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
OHMY GOd- that diver thing is SO ROMANTIC! are you kidding? What great idea, and a GREAT STORY TO TELL! Have someone take pics and POST THEM HERE!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I''d go with the beach proposal...or how about take a trip on the road to Hana and find a really beautiful waterfall. The only problem with that is finding a spot without a lot of people.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a diver and while I love all things dive related, it would look more to me that the diver is proposing, not you - maybe word the sign differently?

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, this is fun. If I were being proposed to in Maui, I think I''d want to be sort of dressed up -- well, at least showered! And, I''d want it to be somewhere that I wouldn''t feel uncomfortable keeping it on b/c we were in the middle of an activity of some sort. I''d also want people to bew able to take a picture of us to capture the moment...so....

how about at dinner on the beach (plenty of restaurants like that in Maui) at sunset??!!

I feel like I just got engaged all over again...
30.gif

klr

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2005 3:22:16 PM
Author: PaulaW
I''m a diver and while I love all things dive related, it would look more to me that the diver is proposing, not you - maybe word the sign differently?

I agree. Maybe change teh wording to something like, "Will you marry him?"

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I would have liked the aquarium proposal. Have the sign say. Jane Doe will you marry Jim Doe...and when she turns around be on bended knee with an open box...

If you want to do it at the beach.. I suggest getting the hotel concierge involved and perhaps you can plan a private candlelight dinner on the beach... you could have tiki torches, champagne, have it catered...

or you could do a combination of both..do the proposal at the aquarium....around closing time if possible, then, you could go to the hotel and change and do the dinner....both surprises she would love.. that''s a guarantee!!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to Maui on Feb 16th, and any of the ideas you have would be wonderful....perhaps I should e-mail this link to my boyfriend!

I really like FTLOD idea to blend the aquarium with the dinner idea. THen you have full on surprise, with romance.

Leviclimber

Rough_Rock
I kinda like the idea of proposing at night, personally. Have a great day together, make her feel special, give the diver a sign that says "Hey lady, this guy really loves you" for some foreshadowing (but pretend you don''t know anything about the sign for now: ''it must be a publicity thing''). After your great day, take your showers, get all spiffed up, and go out for dinner...only don''t tell her it''s a special dinner for only you two, on the beach. Maybe hire a string quartet or a jazz band? Or let the ocean fill in the background noise. Don''t forget to have someone take at least one picture (maybe before you start on your meal, etc., so they don''t intrude later). End it by walking on the beach, enjoying the stars, the breeze and the waves...relive the day, broaden the subject a bit to how much she means to you and then, BAM, propose right there...very romantic. It is up to you how all this occurs, but with the amount of thought that I have put into it up to this point (admittedly not a whole lot), this is how I would do it. In this order it will allow her to have awesome memories of the day AND the engagement. If you give her the ring in the morning, I would think that is all she will look at or think of all day. I am sure there are plenty of people who disagree, but that is my two cents. Maui huh? She''s a lucky girl! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results