shape
carat
color
clarity

Maui (Kaanapali) Proposal Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jdhunter

Rough_Rock
Hi, I will be proposing to my girlfriend while on vacation in Maui in early May and am looking for suggestions. I am hoping to propose in a very romantic, private setting. My girlfriend does not like to have ''the spotlight'' on her, so something that isn''t in a restaurant or around several other people would definitely be preferred.

I have only been to Maui once several years ago and cannot remember the area very well, unfortunately.

She deserves something very special for putting up with me :) and I want to make sure I plan something that she will remember forever. I do have a budget for this in the event there are some expenses involved (ie. I''ve heard of people taking helicopter trips or having a private meal on the beach in other locations - not sure if things like this are possible in Maui).

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hhmmm, I love Maui

Drive to Hana, find a nice spot and pop the question, she would have the long drive back to stare at her ring!

At sunrise on the volcano. You''d have to get up around 3:00am, drive up there and watch the sun come up. One of the most awesome things I''ve ever seen.

Hire someone to take you sailing.

dinner on the beach - she''d guess one right off.

dinner at Mama''s Fish House

surfrgrl

Rough_Rock
I second Ann''s suggestions about the road to Hana. There are a few stop-offs on that road, one is a beautiful garden area with amazing tropical plants. A few others have beautiful waterfalls. All quite romantic and special. If you have some substantial $$$ to spend, get a room at the Hotel Hana Maui. High on a bluff overlooking the ocean, it is absolutely the most beautiful, romantic place I have ever stayed.

Also per Ann, the trip up to Haleakala is also unforgettable. We went up on a bus with several others, watched the sunrise at the top, then rode down the volcano on bikes to the beach. Unreal experience. A proposal at the top with the sun coming up would be quite memorable, then a triumphant ride down would be a blast!

Also, check out the Iao Valley. Not far from Kaanapali, it is a state-park facility that you can take guided tours of or, I believe, wander through yourself. The highlight is the Iao Needle, a natural formation that is quite astounding. Anyways, all of it is very lush, tropical, and affords many opportunities to take your lady aside for a very private, romantic proposal.

You can take helpcopter rides on Maui. They''ll take you over waterfalls, the volcano, beaches, etc. They give you headphones and the pilot does a narritive and there is music playing. You could probably arrange with the pilot to pause at a strategic moment to let you do your thing.

You can probably find more info on all of these things on one of the Hawaii/Maui travel websites.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results