shape
carat
color
clarity

matte vs glossy for engagement/wedding photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I am getting ready to order some pictures from our engagement session. I guess I''ve never really paid much attention to the difference in glossy vs matte finish on photos, but now that I''m getting ready to order professional (and important!) pictures it''s started me thinking. Any opinions on which people prefer and why??? Does one hold up more over time?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
My parents used to order only matte pictures and I got tired of them and started doing glossy. I like matte better now because it doesn''t show fingerprints like glossy does. Shouldn''t really be a prob w/ engagement pics though since I doubt people are really going to be handling them. I think it''s more of a personal preference.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Matte all the way.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
matte.

i originally ordered glossy for my bridal pics and thought they were too wet looking. now i order matte and love the finish.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 11:10:50 AM
Author: aljdewey
Matte all the way.
That''s what I thought, but then when ordering prints glossy is the default, so I started questioning myself.
Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like matte.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Matte
1.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Matte... No fingerprints.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for matte!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results