shape
carat
color
clarity

matching?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
This may be an odd question, but now I've moved into the flower phase of wedding planning, haha. How important do you feel it is for everything floral to match at the wedding? We're working with Burgandy/red and white mostly for flower colors (late November wedding), and I was going to use calla lilies in my bouquets/bouts but use white lillies and roses in the centerpieces? Do people tend to try to match the bouquets to the centerpieces?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here's what we are doing (all deep red):

bouquets will be peonies only.
pew decor will be roses
guest book table arrangement will be peonies, and roses and dahlia's
centerpeices will be roses
large arrangement hanging from the center of the tent will be various flowers including roses & dahlia's
and we are doing a rose petal toss

that's basically it, although i don't have the paper in front of me and i'm sure i'm leaving several flowers out of the mixture arrangements. so several places it's just one flower, but in the larger arrangements there are a mixture of flowers that include our main flowers.

eta: ideally i'd have peonies everywhere, but in november having them flown in from new zealand- well,
my budget didn't allow
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
SweetPea, this is almost exactly why I''m not doing flower centerpieces! I am also using burgundy flowers, but instead of white, we''re doing cream/ivory. I really wanted the red roses and calla lillies for my bouquet, but then I thought it would be backward if I gave my MOH the ivory ones. So now I''m stuck, not sure who to give what to.
1.gif
I want callas and roses for me, totally. But would love three or four big headed flowers (dahlias, peonies, whatever are in season) but my MOH, with a loosely tied ribbon. So now I''m thinking that would be weird to have callas and roses for me, and those other flowers for her. Crap.

I guess I am really of NO help at all.
9.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I may tie it in my having floral sprays for the ceremony with those white stargazer type lillies and roses that will likely be in my centerpieces, but is it that important that the flowers are the same? Or more so that the colors are? We have a separate area that we are havng the hors doeuvers in, and I''m going to sprinkle rose petals and white votive candles around there so it''s not bare but it doesnt have enough room really for big floral stuff.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sweet pea, to ME personally, I''d rather the colors match more so than the flowers. Ya know? variety is awesome, but keeping the colors is what makes the theme of your wedding pop!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks amber and jcrow! I think you''re right, it''s more fun to mix different flowers too as long as the colors are the same
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree- consistant colors about type of flower. it also, like i mentioned with the peonies, can bring the cost down.

also, something else to think about- some people do one color in the church and another at the reception. for instance if deep red doesn''t show well in the church, they may do all white for the church decor. then at the reception do deep red to match the bouquets.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think using different kinds of flowers is a great idea! Personally, I''d want them to tie together somehow (for example, calla lilly centerpieces, cake table roses, and calla/rose bouquets) but I don''t think guests would notice either way.

Date: 8/7/2006 3:13:46 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Sweet pea, to ME personally, I''d rather the colors match more so than the flowers. Ya know? variety is awesome, but keeping the colors is what makes the theme of your wedding pop!

Amber, what are you doing for centerpieces? (Don''t mean to threadjack!)

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the jacking of the thread (sorry I''m writing weird, I''m totally off mentally today)- Ebree, I wasn''t really sure what to do, but the more I see the cylindrical centerpieces I just love them, or filled with something else, ya know? Like this:

marshmallowsandflowers2.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Or this: (last one was marshmallows), with apples..

applesvase.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok- amber- HA! i showed those two pics to my florist too!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Or this with limes:

And I know these all have other flowers in them, but I was thinking of something different.

limesroses.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i saw one with coffee beans too. nice rich brown color!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
But sweetpea, sorry to threadjack!! I loved this bouquet, but with cream roses and red callas:

roselilyred.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Coffeebeans... Great idea.. Our colors are Wine (burgundy), gold and ivory. Our linens are going to be ivory, with ivory chair covers and wine sashes with wine napkins. So I wanted to do something goldish with the centerpieces.. I know for sure I want a glass bowl/vase/cylinder, but what in it? My dad loves the looks of stones and floating candles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results