carat
color
clarity

Matching your discontinued scent...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My signature scent was discontinued a while back (
39.gif
), so I had been ordering it online, I assume from leftovers. However, the bottle I just received is bad, guess it has finally sat too long. So that's it for this perfume.

I happened to run across this place, which sounds intriguing. They have a great return policy, no questions asked if you're not happy. Has anyone heard of this place? Would you try it?

(Oh perfume expertess, yoohoo, Miss Lorelei!)
9.gif

http://www.scentmatchers.com/home.html

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ellen!

I don''t have experience with this but I feel that I probably will - my favorite isn''t sold in stores anymore and I scrape up bottles from internet sellers and such. I''m glad to know that such a place exists; I''m sure I''ll probably give it a try.

Otherwise, I''d have to peruse the counters to find just the right fragrance again - just sounds like a big job to me!! That sort of thing used to be fun - now it''s just alot of work!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Miss Ellen!!!
35.gif
I would absolutely give it a try. My favorite perfume was discontinued years ago and I''ve searched ever since to find something I like as much to no avail. If there is a chance they can match it then i say go for it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have experience with them but it might be worth a try. My signature scent I don''t think is going anywhere just yet but I already nab up bottles and sample sets when I can. That being said, I also dabble in many perfumes, and don''t always wear my sig. scent. I like to play
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!
35.gif

MGR, isn't it maddening when they drop a fragrance??! And the funny thing is, the one I wore got tons of compliments, from strangers even. And I've read the same thing in reviews on this fragrance, so I just can't understand why they quit making it. *scratches head*

I think I'm gonna go for it, I can return if it isn't right, though I really hope it is. Hey, if they can get car exhuast right, there's hope!
9.gif
(I'll let you guys know)

Michelle, I am extremely picky, I KNOW I'll never find another (different) perfume like this. Let us hope these people are for real. And the refill price is not bad!

dragon, lol. You are lucky you play, I imagine if they did discontinue yours (but I hope they don't), it wouldn't be as devistating for you! Watch for an update in a couple months, they say it takes several weeks.

Thanks to all for your input, it was good "seeing" you!

Now, what to name it.....
5.gif
*fun*

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 5:41:53 PM
Author: Ellen
Hey ladies!
35.gif

MGR, isn''t it maddening when they drop a fragrance??! And the funny thing is, the one I wore got tons of compliments, from strangers even. And I''ve read the same thing in reviews on this fragrance, so I just can''t understand why they quit making it. *scratches head*

I think I''m gonna go for it, I can return if it isn''t right, though I really hope it is. Hey, if they can get car exhuast right, there''s hope!
9.gif
(I''ll let you guys know)

Michelle, I am extremely picky, I KNOW I''ll never find another (different) perfume like this. Let us hope these people are for real. And the refill price is not bad!

dragon, lol. You are lucky you play, I imagine if they did discontinue yours (but I hope they don''t), it wouldn''t be as devistating for you! Watch for an update in a couple months, they say it takes several weeks.

Thanks to all for your input, it was good ''seeing'' you!

Now, what to name it.....
5.gif
*fun*

Ellen,
35.gif

I''m dying to know! What''s the perfume that was discontinued??? Are you willing to share? Inquiring minds....

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My all-time fav was discontinued a few years back, and once in a blue moon I can find a bottle of it on Ebay. It typically runs abotu $80-$120 for a bottle of it though.
14.gif

It''s Crabtree & Evelyn''s Veranda dry oil spray.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
The perfume that always gets compliments from others on me is Poeme. For whatever reason it meshes with my chemistry well or something. Every time I wear it people compliment me. I''m almost out - but I don''t know if it''s still in the stores or not.

My fav is New Haarlem by Bond no.9 but at least half the people don''t like it and half of the other half just say nothing... few people actually like it but OMG I love that stuff and could bathe in it!!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 5:57:00 PM
Author: sarap333

Ellen,
35.gif

I''m dying to know! What''s the perfume that was discontinued??? Are you willing to share? Inquiring minds....
Hey you!
35.gif

No, I don''t mind telling you at all. It''s Casual. It used to be produced by Elizabeth Arden. Then when it was discontinued and I found it online, it was by Paul Sebastion. Here''s a description of it. It just smells light, clean (I got told that a lot, that''s the musk), and just, I dunno, yummy.
30.gif

http://www.perfume.com/paul-sebastian/casual/women-perfume/?ref=1143&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&s_kwcid=TC-10400-388372423013-S-37197526013

Melissa, if this works out for me, you might give them a try on reproducing your fave!

Sara, lol. Hey, it''s your nose.
9.gif
2.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 9:57:58 AM

Ellen,
35.gif

Hey you!
35.gif

No, I don''t mind telling you at all. It''s Casual. It used to be produced by Elizabeth Arden. Then when it was discontinued and I found it online, it was by Paul Sebastion. Here''s a description of it. It just smells light, clean (I got told that a lot, that''s the musk), and just, I dunno, yummy.
30.gif

http://www.perfume.com/paul-sebastian/casual/women-perfume/?ref=1143&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&s_kwcid=TC-10400-388372423013-S-37197526013

Melissa, if this works out for me, you might give them a try on reproducing your fave!

9.gif
2.gif

Thanks, Ellen. It sounds heavenly from the description -- jasmine! Mmmmm. I get really frustrated when companies discontinue fragrances - or worse, change the formula! I hope you have success with this company.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 10:10:11 AM

Thanks, Ellen. It sounds heavenly from the description -- jasmine! Mmmmm. I get really frustrated when companies discontinue fragrances - or worse, change the formula! I hope you have success with this company.
Thanks, me too. I am so bummed about this. I detest trying to find a new fragrance, but that goes back to because I''m so picky.
11.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2010 9:57:58 AM

Ellen,
35.gif

Hey you!
35.gif

30.gif

9.gif
2.gif
OMG - this is my fragrance too! I did not know that it was produced by Elizabeth Arden - I only knew it by Sebastian. What a coincidence! I am still able to find it by sellers on ebay and some of the perfume vendors online - if you Google it you should find several. Good news is that it is less expensive now - I usually buy two bottles at a time. I very rarely smell it on myself after spraying it but people ask me all the time - lots of strangers as well - what the fragrance is. A good friend of mine used it and I always loved how it smelled. Got hooked and never bought anything else!

There was another by them named Design - I think it is still marketed. Go figure!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see poor reviews were posted, but I''ve seen a lot of good reviews too - was wondering if Ellen or anyone else has actually used this company themselves and what they thought of it?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain, Ellen!

I haven''t used this place but I''m thinking I might have to give it a try. Thanks for the reference!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results