shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching pears for three stone ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

igot2u

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone...

I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on selecting pears as side stones for a 1.20 H/SI1 round center. Is there anything in particular I should stay away from and what size pears would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Igot:

For a 1.20 center stone, Vatche recommends approx. .50 tw pear shape side stones. I have attached a picture of a Vatche setting for you so you can visualize the ratios.

If you don't go with a designer setting, you can probably select any size pear shape side stones - just be sure not to overwhelm the center stone.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

3stPSa.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Is that Vatche available w/ sidestones of about .50 points. The center stone is approximately 1.5 G/H (med bl. fluor) & decent clarity. I'm asking for a friend in the market.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Fire and Ice:

For a 1.50 center, the Vatche setting features .60 total weight side stones. If you want .50 on each side you may have to go custom.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

igot2u

Rough_Rock
Leslie,

Vatche does make a very pretty 3 stone but we've decided to go the custom route instead.

The designer has made this ring before but with a 3ct center round so I'm not really sure what my little stone will look like. What I really like about this setting is the way the band flows into (or tapers) just where the pear prongs meet. The prongs have a curved look - not just the usual v. This somewhat changes the look of the pear shape. I have the option of getting the pears myself or the designer will pick them out for me. All of my research went into finding a Round Brilliant, so I don't know anything about pear shapes. I thought I'd save more money if I purchased them myself, but I'm probably better off letting the designer pick them as he would have a better eye than myself.

Thanks for taking the time to help me with my post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results