shape
carat
color
clarity

Matching band for a yellow Halo ring question

Brooksc

Rough_Rock
Hi to all.
I purchased a handmade Halo ring with a center fancy yellow cushion cut that is 3.5 carat.
I need to get a matching band for this ring and am going crazy if I chould get a band that bends around the big diamond or to just get a regular band.
I purchased the ring from thediamond.com in NY and I am very happy with it.
They are suggesting I get a regular alternating band with one yellow diamond and one white diamond or maybe 2 yellow diamonds next to each other and then 2 white diamonds to show the colors in a stronger way.
So I am wondering if any ladies around this blog could give me some tips.
Much appreciated.
Cale.
PS. I am attaching a picture of the ring.

Untitled-1.jpg

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I would probably get a straight band that is just colorless diamonds like the band of your ring. I like having a bit of a gap between rings, and that way you could wear the band alone and it would not look funny. I think yellow/colorless would take away from your beautiful center stone!
Your ring is gorgeous :)

Brooksc

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
nfowife said:
I would probably get a straight band that is just colorless diamonds like the band of your ring. I like having a bit of a gap between rings, and that way you could wear the band alone and it would not look funny. I think yellow/colorless would take away from your beautiful center stone!
Your ring is gorgeous :)

Ditto everything said in this post! I personally don't care for those bands that curve around the e-ring...

We need more pictures of that gorgeous ring of yours! :naughty:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also go with a non-curved band in white (clear) diamonds.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
so beautiful! :love: It's so delicate & Love those claws! Please post a thread with more pics in the Show Me the Bling forum!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely prongs. I'd like a straight band as well. I'm not sure what color though, I'd have to try it on and see whether I liked a plain white or a yellow diamond and yellow gold.

Brooksc

Rough_Rock
I made a solid box to help bring out more yellow diamond color.
They made the gold on the inside of the box to reflect the light better with the like facets in the gold.
I also think the straight band is better but i will ask www.thediamond.com to send me some pictures and will show them and see what you guys think.
This is one band I had in mind or something like it more delicate in all white or like the picture.
http://www.thediamond.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/cgi-local/smpagegen.exe?EU+scstore+abcd12346789+-p+-c+scstore.cfg+CBG-85-EA-EN
Thank you guys!
Cale

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Gosh that ring is gorgeous and looks impeccably made! I would also suggest a thin, straight white diamond band or maybe two stacking bands...one white one yellow.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I would also go with the thin straight band.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
kelpie said:
Gosh that ring is gorgeous and looks impeccably made! I would also suggest a thin, straight white diamond band or maybe two stacking bands...one white one yellow.

Oooo I like this idea too!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! That ring is impeccable! I've only seen likes of that craftsmanship from LM, SK, & VC here! The gold inside the basket is genius! :appl: Beautiful!

I am sooo happy we keep gaining more options for superior, luxury made pave here besides LM the way it was yrs ago. I always knew there had to be more outside the tiny PS world! Thanks for sharing!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Man, that box is going to make it a beast to clean! Any suggestions from www.thediamond.com as to how to go about it?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Two threads about the same thing--and only stock ER photos on which to render opinions. How does one give advice if one cannot see what the choices are?

My advice? If you want others opinions of how specific rings look with your new ring on "your" finger--then provide real life examples! E.g. show us how each style looks: e.g plain band with ring, yellow bands with rings, single ring or stackers....etc....etc.... Show us the real thing, and believe me, you'll get opinions!

cheers--Sharon

stci

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the seller suggestion. Straight line eternity with yellow and white alternate diamonds. It's sure you will have a big gap but impossible to do otherwise unless to do custom.

Brooksc

Rough_Rock
OK.
Thanks for the tips. Not sure about the cleaning but I will ask.
Taking a picture on th ehand is harder than i thought but here it is.

fngr1.jpg

fngr2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results