shape
carat
color
clarity

Match results Monday 12:00, some dust please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 12:35:18 PM
Author: allycat0303
Ugh. So the bad news is that I got nothing. Really bad news.

But the good news. (I know, how can there be good news....)

Is that I had put Cardiac Surgery as my first choice, and my second choice was Internal medicine at Universite de Montreal.

But I REALLY didn`t want to be internal medicine. And if I got internal medicine, it`s a binding contract.

But in the second round (places that weren`t able to get anyone), Cardiac Surgery at Mcgill is open (a far superior program then Montreal...I didn`t apply because I didn`t think I had a chance in hell of being accepted) and lots of other programs too.
So I`m trying to look at the bright side. I`m a bit sad that everyone knows where they are going, and I don`t but on the flip side, had I been accepted into Internal medicine, and cardiac surgery at Mcgill was left unfilled, I would have felt horrible. So we`ll see. Another few months of hell to go.

so sorry for the news...BUT things can change. My brother in law wanted Neurosurgery but didn't get it...all he got was general surgery. With much reluctance and complaining he took the general surgery spot at a great hospital in NYC. Well he made some serious connections and made a name for himself during the first yr that the head of the neurosugery dept told him he should try again..well he did and for his 2nd yr of residency he changed to Neurosurgery. He had to start all over again (like a yr wasted ) but the 8 yrs went fast and he's doing what he loves. GL and I hope that the cardian surgery spot opens up!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry ally. My best to you in the coming months.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ally- I wish I had your email address! Does Kaleigh have it? I am trying to see if I can find you on fb...

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Icekid,

I am going to email the moderator. I really need some impartial advice! You can add me on fb (and guide me through the hell) I have one freakin day to decide. My gosh. I don''t know what to do.

Ally

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ok, I THINK I found you... but I will be so embarrassed if it''s not you!
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Icekid,

It''s the same picture I posted on the forum, so if you found me, it should be right. I wrote to Ali though, so he should be able to give it to you. Nothing yet
7.gif

I think you should know though that my name is Alice, and not Ally. Hope that helps.....

You''ve just fb, some random girl in Montreal that looks like me
6.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry it didn''t work out this round Ally, but hopefully it does work out for you better in the next round - a lot of the times things just have a way of working out right even when it doesn''t look it.

Good luck with the next round offers :D.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ally,
I''m sorry so sorry to hear about the match. I hope do hope the second round it much kinder to you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally,
I am not well versed in this sort of thing. I am hoping you get what you want down the road. I have every faith in you. I think Icekid gave you great advice, as a felllow Doc. HUGS. We will be sending you lots the dust in the days ahead. And sending you a big HUG. Cause you need one right now. You''ll be fine!! I just know it. xxooo Lisa
1.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ally,

I don''t think I can advise you on your specialty choice. But I remember bawling my eyes out on match day because I was not happy with the result, so I know a little bit about what it feels like.

I moved 10 hours away from my parents and extended family, and 8 hours away from my husband (then boyfriend), and I survived. And honestly, I''m now really happy about where I ended up.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Basil,

Thank you for being so candid about your experience. So far, there are 4 of us (some good friends that are probably doing a lot of crying). I haven''t called anyone, because I think it''s private how you handle this, but did send off an email to one of my friends to know he''s not alone. I''m sure of learn of more people as it goes on, but going unmatched is a really lonely and isolating experience.

It''s good to know things worked out for you in the end. Eventhough this feels like some vortex of hell, I need to keep it in perspective. Not everyone is happy, and it doesn''t mean they stay unhappy.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Ally, sorry to hear about the match. Good luck with your decision. I wish you the best.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Ally, I am so sorry. I sort of know how you feel. When Nate was applying for his pediatric cards fellowship, he didn''t cast a wide enough net and he ended up not matching. Through chance a spot at Penn was open and we ended up moving to Philly. We didn''t want to, but so much good came out of it. I have faith that something better is in the works for you. HUGS!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, I''m so sorry it didn''t work out for you on this round, but I love icekid and Basil''s advice.

I''ll keep sending dust your way throughout the next few months!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, Ally. I don''t have any insight but everyone seems to be sharing such great advice. As they say "when one door closes, another one opens" ... Wishing you the best of luck with whatever you decide. I just know that although it doesn''t seem that way right now, something wonderful will happen for you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 12:17:05 AM
Author: pennquaker09
Ally, I am so sorry. I sort of know how you feel. When Nate was applying for his pediatric cards fellowship, he didn''t cast a wide enough net and he ended up not matching. Through chance a spot at Penn was open and we ended up moving to Philly. We didn''t want to, but so much good came out of it. I have faith that something better is in the works for you. HUGS!!
Ditto!! Hugs sweetheart!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you were disappointed Ally!
7.gif

When my husband matched, I was really unhappy, but it all ended up working out for the best.
Hugs and best wishes to you
35.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Aw, that really stinks, allycat. I''m sorry. Best of luck with your re-application in the coming months. I do hope you get the cardiac surgery place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results