shape
carat
color
clarity

Matata's master bath remodel

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally, the last element (window coverings) was added this afternoon and the estimated 6 week project that actually took 5 months is complete. I met with a designer back in October 2017 and it took approx. 6 months to design the room and choose materials. Work started in March and concluded this week.

The room is designed around the granite walls. I was looking at tile and non-granite solid surface material when my eyes chanced upon the Cygnus granite and that's all she wrote. Blew the budget into the stratosphere and I'm happy my hubs loves me enough to indulge me on this project.

First, the before pics: 1980's beige and gray tiles on shower tub and vanity top; awkwardly designed jacuzzi tub used only for napping by the cats, toilet had its own room.

full room.jpg vanity.jpg shower.jpg tub.jpg toilet room.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After: open design, custom wall-hung vanity with an appliance drawer; heated floors, tile warmer. Part of the former toilet room turned into a linen closet with custom made hammered steel door. The old shower was walk-in but dark so I decided to blow out the wall and have the shower open to the room.

from entry.jpg vanity wall.jpg shower.jpg toilet.jpg closet door.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love::love: I personally am a fan of water closets but i know for some they can be dated claustrophobic.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's quit a transformation!!

LOVE the floating vanity, and of course dual sinks. AND heated floors?! AND open shower? I'm so jealous. Really.
nottalking.gif

Tell me though, what is this tile warmer you speak of? And what is the wood? It's gorgeous.

Great job Matata, :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ell me though, what is this tile warmer you speak of? And what is the wood? It's gorgeous.
Senior moment -- I meant "towel" warmer lol. Vanity wood is walnut. The doors are fir stained to match vanity.

Reactions: AV_

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Senior moment -- I meant "towel" warmer lol. Vanity wood is walnut. The doors are fir stained to match vanity.
Thank goodness, I thought "I" was having a moment. :bigsmile: ;))

So a towel warmer too? That's it.
anddash.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It looks like your old tub would have been tricky to get in and out of? I have an odd corner tub and I hate it. I don't have the space to change anything, plus a window. Good job. I love the woods you chose.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like your old tub would have been tricky to get in and out of?
Tricky and those darn tiles were dangerously slippery when wet. We've lived here 15 years and I used that tub once when we first moved in. I thought about replacing it with a new model jacuzzi or a really nice regular tub like this Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 4.46.10 PM.png but opted for more open space in the end.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job! Matata!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful transformation! Do you want to just spend time in there admiring it? :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and far more functional than the old. I am not a fan of a 'toilet closet' nor a soaking tub either. I agree with you that both just take up space. It is modern yet elegant - enjoy!!!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
In looking at your "before" pics I thought, "oh how I love those wood floors" but then your "after" photos blew me away. There is something to be said about a beautifully simple functional design and the elements you brought into the design are quite stunning. Spa retreat worthy. Enjoy!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I especially love the Cygnus granite -- that's fabulous :love:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful transformation! I love all your finishing choices....very much my style.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::clap:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love it! Love all your choices, everything looks beautiful! :love:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice!