shape
carat
color
clarity

Matata's Backyard Makeover

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this makeover, there 350 perennial flowers and shrubs planted and 7 trees in addition to the trees already established. I can hardly wait for these plants to mature and fill in all the empty space. I'm already impatient for next spring.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!! Some winter veggies have been planted in the greenhouse and I'm having a blast with this gardening stuff. I planted a mesclun salad mix, bok choi, spinach, cauliflower, italian kale, beets, and just starting to poke their heads up out of the dirt behind the trellises are carrots, fava beans, and snow peas.

from_door.jpg

left_3.jpg

right_3.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata,

Very exciting! Thanks for providing the update on the greenhouse.

I've been thinking about the rest of your wonderful garden transformation and wondering how much plant growth you've noticed since everything was put it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really envy you that planting space, Matata. I have been growing basil inside here in Connecticut. At least in Virginia I used to grow it outside (as I did a lot of other herbs) in some raised beds, even though I didn't have a greenhouse! Keep those photos coming!

Deb :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1474207707|4078042 said:
I've been thinking about the rest of your wonderful garden transformation and wondering how much plant growth you've noticed since everything was put it.

An amazing amount of growth for which I'm surprised because we had a long hot spell after the plants were put in. All the trees have shot out new branches over 3 feet long and the flowering plants are taller and wider. I have pruned and dead-headed enough to fill several large garbage bags since the project was completed at the beginning of August.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results