shape
carat
color
clarity

Master bath remodel

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it!! Those floors are gorgeous! What are your plans for the rest of the finishes?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!! Those floors are gorgeous! What are your plans for the rest of the finishes?

Thanks! The shower will be white subway tile, the walls will be dark gray and we are doing hand-milled custom molding (DH is so handy.) Still going back and forth on the vanity...

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous tile!! My favourite colours! I can't wait to see it when it's all done!!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! The shower will be white subway tile, the walls will be dark gray and we are doing hand-milled custom molding (DH is so handy.) Still going back and forth on the vanity...
This sounds classic and beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looking good, will be watching for more updates!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love your tile...You’re so lucky your hubby is handy!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tile coming along!

IMG_3404.jpg
I’m loving this. I can’t wait to see the finished bathroom. It’s going to be beautiful!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your floor tiles. Are you using dark grout for the shower or is it wet? I see that you used white grout for the floor. I am jealous you get a new bathroom. I have never had a new bathroom in my life!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we are using the fan and leaving it on for hours and days and leaving the shower door open. Then, the tiler came back out and said that the grout is staying wet because of the mud base becoming saturated and remaining wet.

What are you talking about? Those are my pictures.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I reported it.

The thing is that poster posted in other threads with occasional posts that made sense but if you look at their overall posts yup she/he’s a spammer.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@soxfan, I love it, what a beautiful job you did. :love: Love all your choices!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@soxfan, I love it!! Everything about it is classic and beautiful. You and your husband did a great job.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like! I want to also get swing out glass doors for the shower, when it eventually is gotten to.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a question. How "bad" is a prefab shower base? This is the base I am thinking of: https://www.homedepot.com/p/DreamLi...ld-Shower-Base-in-White-DLT-1136480/204045472
It is lower profile than some out there, with a 2" high lip to step over (some have up to a 5" lip or threshold). The reason I was thinking of going this route, is that either I, or a more pro tiler was going to do the shower walls as well as create a concrete base with tile floor. However that person is most likely either not available, or if I find a replacement will be $$. The plumber could do it, but that is not his specialty, and I think a prefab shower base, installed correctly, will look better than a tiled shower floor not done correctly.
Any thoughts?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a question. How "bad" is a prefab shower base? This is the base I am thinking of: https://www.homedepot.com/p/DreamLi...ld-Shower-Base-in-White-DLT-1136480/204045472
It is lower profile than some out there, with a 2" high lip to step over (some have up to a 5" lip or threshold). The reason I was thinking of going this route, is that either I, or a more pro tiler was going to do the shower walls as well as create a concrete base with tile floor. However that person is most likely either not available, or if I find a replacement will be $$. The plumber could do it, but that is not his specialty, and I think a prefab shower base, installed correctly, will look better than a tiled shower floor not done correctly.
Any thoughts?

We have a pre-fab shower base! I love it. I had a tiled shower floor before and I hated it and chose a pre-fab one this time. It was hard on my feet and it stained because it was marble- I like the pre-fab ones much more.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We put one in when we did our basement bathroom a few years ago. I love it, it looks good and is easy to clean. We move into our new house in two weeks and we’ll have a prefab shower pan there also. It has a shallower lip though.

349703DC-6413-4E07-85B3-D32F0D988BDB.jpeg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That one looks nice kmarla. I'm glad to hear it's not a total faux pas, and may make the whole redo go a bit more smoothly, less unknowns.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the floors and the rest of your choices. Really nice.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just in case everyone is wondering, the guy who will be helping me thought of yet another layout, which I think is the ideal layout, BUT would cost the most because every bit of plumbing will need to be relocated. The design makes the most sense. I think I am going to go for it, but both nervous and excited at the same time about starting because of it being more involved/and the cost. The most exciting thing, it would make a little laundry room with a washer and dryer side by side with a counter above them for folding, and accessed from hallway instead of master bedroom, making the master bedroom/bathroom actually private.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So stunning! Love all of the fixtures and tile choices. Really love the paint color too. I have crappy old bathrooms that are horrible. :sick::(sado_Osad :((:errrr: But alas they must remain as we have educational expenses for the kids!:read:

samanthaxo

Rough_Rock
I love the floors!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand what you mean, Lambskin. The beginning of the year we started our youngest on braces which mean for me writing a $2600 check to the orthodondist. This spring and summer I also ended up having $650 in vet bills (elderly pets including one who was too frail to save) and a health scare with $2600 in unexpected medical expenses. On the plus side, we finally stopped having my youngest go to a private school (barely could afford it when together, now that we are divorced with separate residences, impossible). My oldest daughter is a rising junior planning on college. So, I have a 2 year window to get stuff done and/or save money before I'm hit with big college bills for another 4 years. None of the house projects can be expensive however as I am broke! On a more cheerful note the door is picked out and we will be using an acrylic base.
https://www.vigoindustries.com/elan-frameless-shower-door-375-in-vg6041-2347
I don't know if this is the same brand but this is what it looks like
https://www.lowes.com/pd/DreamLine-...ase-34-in-W-x-60-in-L-with-Left-Drain/4573396

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results