carat
color
clarity

mary poppins!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi,

I see you popping in here and there to always give your input! Just wanted to say hello! And thanks for chatting with us LIWs! ::)

audball

Ideal_Rock
:wavey:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi madelise and audball! :wavey:

I love checking in with LIWs to meet new members, discuss relationships, hear about proposals, and look at new bling. Always hoping for more news "faces" and, of course, faster list movement! Also fun to help LIW graduates with wedding planning and related issues in BWW, and then see pictures after the wedding.

Plus, the more time I spend here, the less time I have to be tempted by Preloved PS Jewels. Speaking of which . . . I should go there now. No, no I shouldn't. :naughty:

I hope all is well with both of you. Any updates or fun things coming up?

audball

Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1346286998|3259526 said:

I love checking in with LIWs to meet new members, discuss relationships, hear about proposals, and look at new bling. Always hoping for more news "faces" and, of course, faster list movement! Also fun to help LIW graduates with wedding planning and related issues in BWW, and then see pictures after the wedding.

Plus, the more time I spend here, the less time I have to be tempted by Preloved PS Jewels. Speaking of which . . . I should go there now. No, no I shouldn't. :naughty:

Well thanks for checking on us! It's nice to know someone out there! :)

We all avoid the Preloved section too.... :oops:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1346286998|3259526 said:

:wavey: Hiiii! NOOOO DON'T GO TO THEREEEE! ;)) It's so tempting sometimes, and then heartbreaking when you force yourself to behave and someone else gets a super good deal on a sparkly

I don't have updates besides the ones I post in the thread asking everyone for updates 8) Nothing super active around on my turf.. but I'm getting antsy! I actually try to stay away from LIW whenever I get antsier than usual, :knockout: and try to satiate my need for bling on the SMTB side :))

What have you been up to?

audball

Ideal_Rock
How long until your ring is done madelise? It's soon, right?!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, do tell. How is your ring coming along, madelise?

Since our 14 year old cat died in June, DH and I have really missed having a pet. Last week, we got the cutest, sweetest little kitten from a shelter. She's a very affectionate four month old and we adore her. She has adapted to us and our house really quickly.

Audball, how is mimi?

Sooo, I was bad and wandered over to Preloved. ;-) Great place for LIWs to get discounted quality stones, settings and rings. But not for either of you, as you're both already set. While there, I saw a nice diamond and sapphire eternity band that was tempting, but I wasn't sure if it would fit. I only knew my left ring finger size, and this ring wouldn't fit it, so I had to go to a jewelry store to find out sizes for other fingers. "Had" to go to the jewelry store . . . ha ha. Now that I know more of my ring sizes, I'm REALLY DANGEROUS! At the store, a blue topaz ring caught my eye. While looking for comparables for pricing purposes, I came across a nice diamond and sapphire ring that I liked better than the blue topaz one. DH said he would get it for me as an anniversary present. Squeee! Can't wait to put her on my hand! Not sure which finger yet.

Indeed, madelise, lots of pretties in SMTB. But they give you ideas and it becomes a vicious cycle. That's where by yearning for martini studs started. :evil: My hair usually covers my ears, so I can't really justify getting them. I keep going back to SMTB because there's so much eye candy to like there.

DH and I are thinking about going to the movies. Have you seen any good ones lately?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1347124747|3264319 said:
Oh yes, do tell. How is your ring coming along, madelise?

Since our 14 year old cat died in June, DH and I have really missed having a pet. Last week, we got the cutest, sweetest little kitten from a shelter. She's a very affectionate four month old and we adore her. She has adapted to us and our house really quickly.

Audball, how is mimi?

Sooo, I was bad and wandered over to Preloved. ;-) Great place for LIWs to get discounted quality stones, settings and rings. But not for either of you, as you're both already set. While there, I saw a nice diamond and sapphire eternity band that was tempting, but I wasn't sure if it would fit. I only knew my left ring finger size, and this ring wouldn't fit it, so I had to go to a jewelry store to find out sizes for other fingers. "Had" to go to the jewelry store . . . ha ha. Now that I know more of my ring sizes, I'm REALLY DANGEROUS! At the store, a blue topaz ring caught my eye. While looking for comparables for pricing purposes, I came across a nice diamond and sapphire ring that I liked better than the blue topaz one. DH said he would get it for me as an anniversary present. Squeee! Can't wait to put her on my hand! Not sure which finger yet.

Indeed, madelise, lots of pretties in SMTB. But they give you ideas and it becomes a vicious cycle. That's where by yearning for martini studs started. :evil: My hair usually covers my ears, so I can't really justify getting them. I keep going back to SMTB because there's so much eye candy to like there.

DH and I are thinking about going to the movies. Have you seen any good ones lately?

I don't have any updates on the ring :( the last photos she sent me were 2-3 weeks ago of the halo, and I don't want to contact her anymore and ruin any details. It's all in SO's hands now :)

I'm so sorry about your kitty :( I'm so so close with my dog, and can't imagine losing him. What's your new kitty's name? I can't wait until SO and I settle down. I want to get a kitty too! I'm a huge dog person, but cats are just so different in personality!

Oh, I can't wait til you get your new ring! Sapphire should be safer than topaz for rings, right? I have a sapphire that I wore for a few yeasr that still has no scuffs. LOVE! Put it on your RH ;-) so you have sparkle on both hands. Ring finger, so it flashes OUT to show off to the world, too, rather than the middle or pointer finger, where it would face you more than the outside. I'm thinking of when hands are on a keyboard, and from peripheral view, others near you see your ring finger face-on whereas they would only see the peripheree of your middle finger, and won't see the pointer at all. Okay, I think about this stuff way too much :X

Hair schmair! Studs are perfect! You can get jackets for them, or extension danglies for them... think of the possibilities!

I *just* watched The Words, and I liked it. SO liked it decent, and he usually hates every movie he watches so that says something, I think. We're not "film critics", though, so don't kill me if you don't like it!

I STILL haven't watched The Dark Knight. I'm thinking I need to go watch that soon!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I'm sorry about your kitty ;( but YAY for a new kitten! We needs pics and details!
Mimi is doing well. Her birthday is next weekend, she'll be 10. Such a good girl. Darwin's "birthday" is in January and he'll be ~11. We adopted him so it's our best guess. Mimi was a rescue too, but she came with papers so we know her birthday.

I saw that diamond/sapphire band, it's so pretty! It was tempting.

Andrew and I LOVE the movies. We go to one every week usually. We JUST saw The Avengers last week (better late than never!) and it was fantastic. Loved it. The Dark Knight Rises was awesome too. We saw Paranorman (the animated movie) and it was really good, but definitely NOT a kid's movie. The previews made it look like it was a funny kid halloween movie, uh uh. It was dark and not at all good for young kids IMO. Hit and Run, The Campaign, and Hope Springs were all funny too. Brave was really cute. Haha...we see a lot of movies! Our university is next to a really nice theatre and they put $5 ticket coupons in our school paper for Sun-Thurs to boost mid week sales. We usually do date nights on Wed or Thurs anyway so we can see a movie for $10 total. Awesomeness.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH! The CAMPAIGN! YES! I loved it! EEK! I loved Huggins and his little dogs.

Aud -- Do you guys have AMC's around you? There are tickets sold at Costco for $8/piece for the "gold ticket", which gets you access to any movie, and I believe it's $7 for the "silver ticket" which is for movies that have been released for at least 2 weeks. I ran out of tickets last night and had to pay retail for the first time in years... OH MY GOD, have tickets gotten expensive! They want $16/ticket here! I don't know if Costco has Edwards theatre group tickets or whatnot, but my work does, and they're even cheaper. Look into that, so you're not just stuck to certain days of the week ;-)

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1347137996|3264409 said:

Aud -- Do you guys have AMC's around you? There are tickets sold at Costco for $8/piece for the "gold ticket", which gets you access to any movie, and I believe it's $7 for the "silver ticket" which is for movies that have been released for at least 2 weeks. I ran out of tickets last night and had to pay retail for the first time in years... OH MY GOD, have tickets gotten expensive! They want $16/ticket here! I don't know if Costco has Edwards theatre group tickets or whatnot, but my work does, and they're even cheaper. Look into that, so you're not just stuck to certain days of the week ;-)
We do have AMC theaters, but no Costcos! Haha.That's pretty cool. We can get the student rate for Fri and Sat for $8, so it's not bad here. Regular price is $10. But we essentially can get two for one going Sun-Thurs.

The theater we go to is called Muvico, there are only a few in our area and I'm not sure if it's anywhere else in the country, but it's awesome and we don't like going anywhere else! We're theater snobs now that we've been won over by Muvico.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1347137996|3264409 said:

oyyyyy I could never survive out where you are!!!! tickets have finally gotten to 9.50 for weekend showings...one theater on campus does student tickets for $6 and there's another one 15 minutes outside campus that does $5 student tickets which is 1) best thing ever and 2) amazing because the seats are like conference seats and they serve you food and drinks!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What. the. F? Your movies are so cheap! Certain areas in LA cost ~20$ for a ticket

My "theatre snob" theater is called the Gold Class Cinema. They have reclined lazy boys for seats, set 2 together with a little table in between. The whole theatre will only have so many guests. Tickets are $30, and worth it if compared to spending $20 for regular poopy theaters. There's a little button on your table that you can click to get a server to quietly come to your seats.. You can order alcoholic drinks, food, or dessert. You can click the button to have the server bring you pillows and blankets.

I've only gone once, to watch Inception, and it was the best thing ever. Of course, I'm also cheap like hell….. haha. Don't think I'll go back unless it's for a movie I'm DYING to watch that's over 2.5 hours.

audball

Ideal_Rock
We have one that fancy too, but I've never been. It's called Cinebistro and it's 21 and up only, they serve alcohol and food at your seats. If you're going to eat/drink/see the movie, it's easily $60-80 depending on what you order. We should totally try that someday.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your condolences on our cat.

Also, thanks for all of the movie suggestions. Wow, you ladies see a lot of movies! The Gold Class theater sounds great, but very pricey. Maybe a one time thing just for the experience. In addition to regular theaters around here, we also have a cinema and draft house which is a restaurant with alcohol that shows movies (not first run) and also doubles as a comedy club. We get regular movie theater tickets discounted at Costco, but didn’t realize there are two levels of tickets. I’ll have to take a closer look at them next time I’m there. We usually don’t go to movies as soon as they come out, so no need to pay extra.

Madelise, I was originally a dog person too, but DH already had a cat when we started dating. Cats suit our lifestyle right now and I developed an appreciation for them, so we got another. I would love to have a miniature pinscher some day. So cute.

Our kitten is really adorable and growing. She weighed two pounds when we got her three weeks ago, and has grown to four pounds already. She likes to play fetch like a dog. Do you know how I can post a picture on PS?

I received my new ring and have been enjoying wearing it. It’s too big for by right ring finger, so I’ve been alternating between right middle and index finger depending on what I’m doing. I love looking at it. Maybe I’ll get it sized for my right ring so it will look bigger, but I don't want to part with it for even the short time it would take for sizing. Thanks for reminding me about jackets for studs!

Audball, happy belated birthday to Mimi!

Audball and Pandabee, wow, you get great movie ticket prices! Student discounts and benefits are fabulous.

While looking at rings a couple of weeks ago, I saw this tremble ring that has since sold.
http://www.rubylane.com/item/480330-14704x20Diamondx20Sapphirex20Tremble/Vintage-18-Karat-Yellow-Gold

Not for me at the time because I was looking for more of a daily wear ring. Also not too into yellow gold, but for a neat ring like this I’d consider it. I hadn’t heard of a tremble ring before that. Have you? I’d love to see one in real life.

audball

Ideal_Rock
We really do get good prices! We definitely wouldn't go as often if we didn't!

I've grown up with both dogs and cats and they definitely have different pros/cons. I currently have one of each, both seniors. Darwin is my cat, I've had him since he was ~2 1/2 and he'll be ~11 in January. We adopted Mimi in May and she just turned 10. We've had several talks since getting Mimi about the future of our pet family. Realistically we know we could have as little as 2 years left with them to as long as 6-8 years. Andrew grew up with a family dog but seriously never had any idea how much work dogs really are. I think us having Mimi has been a really good experience for him. We've agreed that after our two pass, we'll be on the feline train for our next two. We want to start a family around 32-36 and I can't imagine trying to give a dog the amount of attention they really need with newborn(s)/toddler(s). Cats tend to cost less, are much happier alone than dogs are, can be left for a weekend, and still provide the fuzzy cuddly love/attention I love to have from a family pet. I love my two babies now and wish they could live forever, but we all know that's not how it works. I'm really glad that Andrew has gotten to experience both species and has learned an appreciation for them both. He only had been around dogs before and I don't think ever would have considered a cat.

I'd love to see a picture of your new kitten! In order to post a picture, do what you normally do to post a reply. Below the texbox where you can type your response you'll see a blue box below the buttons for back, save, preview, and submit. That box has two tabs, the second one says 'upload attachment'. Click that tab, select choose file, and after you make your selection, be sure to hit the blue "add the file" button to the right of it. Then when you hit submit for your comment (there must be something typed in order to post a picture) it'll be attached! Hope this helps...

What new ring are you talking about? Can you post pics of that too!? I dont' remember you talking about a ring...

That Ruby Lane ring is awful...not AT ALL what I would have spent almost $1,200 on!

I've attached a picture of both my babies!

p5060020.jpg

_1011.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Darwin and Mimi are adorable. Glad you are putting so much thought into your pet plans in relation to your children plans. Dogs and raising small children can be overwhelming. I think many underestimate the combined commitments. Cats are much more independent.

Thanks for the picture posting instructions. The only pictures I have so far are in emails from DH. Can I post from an email or does it have to be from one of those picture posting accounts?

Ha ha, the Ruby Lane ring is not the most attractive, but I find the tremble aspect to be intriguing. I wish I could find a video on youtube to see how one moves.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! We both have a huge pet peeve when it comes to people not doing their due diligence when deciding to add a family pet. People treat animals as disposable and don't take the commitment seriously enough IMO. So many people get animals because of the way they look and not because of the demeanor being a good match to their lifestyle. OR they get dogs and don't properly train them to be well behaved.

You can NOT post pictures linked to a picture posting account (like photo bucket, flicker, etc). It has to be uploaded directly. From your DH email should work fine.

Hope this helps!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here we are waiting for the shelter staff to finish the adoption paperwork.

_1089.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, that worked! Thanks for the instructions, audball! I never notice the upload attachment tab until you mentioned it. :idea:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Awww! She's precious!! And YAY for the upload working!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
awwww your kitties' eyes are like tonight's moon! SO BIG AND YELLOW!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results