shape
carat
color
clarity

Martin Fuller & DCD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mjmtaiwan

Rough_Rock
A Great buying experience:

I can?t say enough about Dirt Cheap Diamonds (DCD) and Martin Fuller & Associates!!

The first thing I did when starting the process of buying an engagement ring was that I came to the realization that I didn?t know crap. I needed expert assistance. So I found Martin Fuller in the Northern Virginia area (btw Martin just returned from appraising items for members of the Royal Family? I think it was H.R.H. herself!) All of you regular readers of these posts are familiar with Martin. His reputation for honesty, courtesy and competence is undisputed and very well known.

Anyway, Martin gave me some good advice in our 1/2 hour interview. He said? ?go online. Read the chat, check out Pricescope and look at DCD?s site.? So I did and in the process I leaned a lot and stumbled on a configuration that I like a lot. A three stone oval set up.

Next, it was DCD. I called to discuss the diamonds with Josh and we narrowed my choices to three and Josh had them Fed Exed to their offices. I drove up to Fredrick, MD to check them out but was only partly satisfied. Jim, the owner, thought that I might be able to get the dimensions (eye size) of the one diamond and the color ? D ? of the other together in one stone at roughly the same price. So he checked on line and had them their the next day.

Jim then found some matching side stones and shipped them down to Martin for review. And ? to give the story a happy ending? they are being sent to Quest Manufacturing for setting this afternoon.

Really, if I were to do it again I would do exactly the same thing. Arm myself with all the good advice I can and shop with someone as friendly and helpful as the guys at DCD. Need less to say? hiring Martin as your brain trust is Mandatory!

(details ? Center stone .9 D SI1 $3,500, 2 side stones .66 E-F SI1 $1,200, Overnight Shipping $50)

Michael

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mjmtaiwan,

Thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations and enjoy your diamond!

appl.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing!!!! Sounds great..

........but, make sure we get to see the finished product! And a tidbit about the proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results