shape
carat
color
clarity

marriage proposal

khaylett

Rough_Rock
Ok my boyfriend and I have been together for about 1 yr now, we are older I am 42 he is 38, we both have been married twice and both said we would never ever get married again. We have known from day 1 there was something very special and sacred between us. We have known from the start we were meant to be together. Now I am ready to get married once again knowing this tie it is for the right reasons and will work out. So my question is,,,how do i go about doing this? He is in a band so I thought about maybe during a break at 1 of the shows but incase he says no Id rather do it at home. How about wrapping a mens wedding band (which i have already bought )around a teddy bear (he loves teddy bears and balloons) and writing will you marry me on balloons??? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! THANKS

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Have you had a conversation with your boyfriend to see where he is on the thought of marriage for the third time? Although you may have changed your mind, he may not have. So before doing anything, you need to talk to him. And I would nix the teddy bear and balloon idea...I would suggest just a frank discussion about where you guys are right now and where you are going. Then perhaps go from there.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Like I said in Hangout, the teddy and balloon idea isn't going over so well for me. You're not sure he will say yes, and you've both expressed a disinterest in getting married again. So putting him on the spot like that will probably seem random and out of the blue. You don't want him to feel forced into an answer, especially after everything you have talked about prior to this. He might even end up resenting you for blind siding him.

Open honest discussion is the way to go here. You're adults, you've both been married before, I'd skip the grand gestures and just tell him how you feel.

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everything that has been said, especially if YOU are proposing to HIM (instead of the other way around). I think sometimes (depending on the person of course) it takes men longer to be ready than women, so when I hear that a woman is going to propose to a man I always think its good to talk about it first so you can know that everyone is on the same page. And especially if you have talked about not getting married again, its probably a good idea to make sure that he has also changed his mind. Just make sure the decision/feelings are mutual.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Would you feel bad if he said no?

I know that I would be really embarrassed and upset if I did something like this, and then the guy said no.

Is there any way that you can just talk to him about it and see how he feels?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ditto, a frank honest discussion is what is needed here...then if you two are on the same page you can think about a proposal. but don't spring this on him without discussing it first

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47 said:
ditto, a frank honest discussion is what is needed here...then if you two are on the same page you can think about a proposal. but don't spring this on him without discussing it first

I agree. (I replied in hangout before you posted here, but this was the gist)

If he is on the same page then I LOVE the teddy bear idea.

When you talk with him (I really hope you talk with him...) you might ask some questions to see how he'd feel about you proposing to him. If he decides he likes the idea of marriage, he could get excited and want to propose to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results