shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise Diamond Help

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Back asking for help for another fancy stone.

Looking for the best possible marquise cut stone. I am actually helping my brother and though I'd have no trouble selecting a solid RB, I know that marquise and other fancy diamonds are very difficult to pick out, especially when not seeing in person.

Problem is... I'm in Canada and would be buying likely from the US. It is just going to go into a north to south pendant for push present. He isn't expecting a massive rock, or anything over the top, but as usual cut over anything else.

He would like to stay in 1200-1500 USD range for the entire thing, but could always buy the stone loose and set it here, or one stop shop if that makes more sense.

I know they aren't the most popular cut at the moment, so I think looking used would be acceptable as well..

Any leads? Advice?

Thanks a lot!

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
^^ Will that tag them? haha.

Thanks for the help!

How about this one? Looks to be nice clean facets.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun!
Ok hold on I’ll be back.

Stive85

Shiny_Rock

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this stone, for some reason no pendants are showing up for design your own at JA

little bit of an odd ball

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you’re taking it apart? Then I wouldn’t buy that. She’s too pretty to tear apart and a lot of it’s value is it’s antique platinum setting

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
^^ Will that tag them? haha.

Thanks for the help!

How about this one? Looks to be nice clean facets.

I just wanted to address why I’m not a fan of this one, for me it’s the symmetry. Just looking at the video you can see why it only got a good on symmetry, the cut is just too off for me to like. It is also going to be a very elongated stone which some people like and some don’t so it’s a very personal choice.

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
I love this stone, for some reason no pendants are showing up for design your own at JA

Thanks! Which one of the three do you lean to? Would this size suit a simple pendant?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Which one of the three do you lean to? Would this size suit a simple pendant?

after looking at all of them again, Personally I would lean towards the .52 E for the cut. But I wouldn’t have suggested any I didn’t like so it’s really up to your brother ;)2

yes for a Marquise a half carat range is a good size, they face up large so they will be nice for a pendant

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
after looking at all of them again, Personally I would lean towards the .52 E for the cut. But I wouldn’t have suggested any I didn’t like so it’s really up to your brother ;)2

yes for a Marquise a half carat range is a good size, they face up large so they will be nice for a pendant

Thanks a lot for your help and taking the time to look. I can see the faceting difference in the stones you attached vs what I found.

So prior to posting here I put my brother in touch with ID jewelry... I've had positive experiences with them, so thought it was a good start. I think he will seriously consider the JA options (he should at least).

Here are the two selected by Yekutiel (pricescope quality requested)... It won't let me attach the short video included too (.mov file)

EDIT: Cert 1 is bottom diamond.. .Cert 2 is top.

IMG_4778.jpg

Attachments

• 6232427195.pdf
    368.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 5323703951.pdf
    612.1 KB · Views: 96

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I like the top one (bottom looks to have a very slight bow tie due to how elongated it is) and you cant go wrong with IDJ and having Yekutiel pick the stones, they really are a great option for lower end budgets. They do take care of folks

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I like the top one. My eyes keep going to it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too definitely

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top**

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top for me too. So pretty.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock

Unfortunately JA don't do pendants for fancies. Just round and princess I think.

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
A sincere thanks to all of you who took time to post and give input.

I'm glad ID could get the business (albeit small... For now)... Yekutiel was awesome with an eternity band I had made through him for my wife. Given I'm north of boarder it's important to trust the person picking out a "pricescope" quality stone when returns are a major hassle.

Hope to post a picture when my brother gets it. It with be subtle, but she'll love it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results