shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Update?

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

I've always coveted Mark Morrell's work and was able to call him around April. He confirmed he was going to re-open his bench after his move but the new location needed some electrical wiring and therefore requested spring to come so the snow would melt.

Has anyone heard from him?

I hope his health is still well. Jonathan aka Rhino said Mark wasn't making jewlery anymore which would be a huge bummer!

@MWM Please stand up if you are alive!! I've waited for years and now I feel like I missed the boat. I loved talked to you in the spring right before frost melted and was soo looking forward to our next conversation now that I obtained my stone

Last edited:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope he is still making jewelry; I have always wanted a piece made by him.

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
I too love his work and hope everything is alright on all fronts.

MWM

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
We have relocated successfully. Happy to be where we are now.
My cardiac, vascular, and general health are all stable according to my virtual army of doctors. No new, big concerns right now.

You have heard that life (and death) is what happens while we're busy making other plans. My plan to set up a new workshop and get underway right away was more ambitious than my mind and body can currently support. It has been nearly 40 years since my last fresh start on a new workspace. Early in the move, it became clear that I'm not that spry guy any more. I regret creating false hope - for myself as well as those who have waited for me to get back to work. I'm still finding my place in the total scheme of things.

I will continue to to set up my work space at whatever pace proves to be a comfortable.... and tinker at will. I'll not be courting any new work for the foreseeable future.

My sincere thanks for your patience and good wishes.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cardiac, vascular, and general health are all stable according to my virtual army of doctors. No new, big concerns right now.

You have heard that life (and death) is what happens while we're busy making other plans. My plan to set up a new workshop and get underway right away was more ambitious than my mind and body can currently support. It has been nearly 40 years since my last fresh start on a new workspace. Early in the move, it became clear that I'm not that spry guy any more. I regret creating false hope - for myself as well as those who have waited for me to get back to work. I'm still finding my place in the total scheme of things.

I will continue to to set up my work space at whatever pace proves to be a comfortable.... and tinker at will. I'll not be courting any new work for the foreseeable future.

Best wishes to you and we hope to hear from you soon.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock

I am so glad that your health is stable and to hear that you are around! That is more important than anything else!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are you making jewelry now, I can't find a website?

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Are you making jewelry now, I can't find a website?

Per Mark's response here... "I'll not be courting any new work for the foreseeable future."

Apparently, he is not making jewelry now or anytime soon.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Age happens to the best of us - I’ve found that I can no longer work in the garden the way I used to, and weeding really takes a toll on my hands.

I’ve always loved Mark Morrel’s beautiful, fluid designs. I’m sorry they won’t be available any more, but I’m glad he is putting himself and his health first.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per Mark's response here... "I'll not be courting any new work for the foreseeable future."

Apparently, he is not making jewelry now or anytime soon.

I saw he replied to some posts so I thought he was back to the jewelry business.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results