shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell reputed beyond Pricescope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatkid

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I''m just curious on the history of Mark Morrell. His name/designs gets dropped quite considerably in these forums.

is he revered outside/beyond the Pricescope community?

The viral nature of his work/status is very intriguing.

And I love his HTML 1.0 compliant webpage.

-r.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly, I''ve never heard of him anywhere but this forum. I''m sure he''s very well known in his local area though.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
not sure, but all his work that I have ever seen is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I may be way way wrong but I believe at one time he worked with Wink of Winifields? There are other diamond forums and I think also that you will find most people really love his work, also he might be listed at the BBB.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that everything I have ever appraised of Mark Morrell's has been top grade. Tiffany's or Cartier's quality. No, I take that back. Better than most Tiffany's or Cartier that I have seen

He charges full tilt for it though. Not that I blame him. He spends an inordinate amount of time on making sure each piece is perfect. The guy is anal to the tenth degree. The back of his pieces looks as good as the front, which is unusual to find in this day & age.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Leon Mege is another Pricescope favorite. Mark makes Leon''s prices look downright inexpensive, at least on some types of work, and his quality is also good. However, when you''re working with Mark, the only person that will work on the pice is Mark - no benchmen or assistants. Quality control will reflect that; and that in itself helps justify any expense. I''ve occasionally seen someone here complain that AOP messed something up (a complex sizing and speculation about a stone setting issue for instance); I''ve never seen a complaint about Mark''s work. I also agree with Rich that it doesn''t come cheap...also most of Mark''s rings have at least some cast components, and at the high end of pricing like that I''d personally prefer hand fabrication.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 11:35:31 AM
Author: elmo
I''ve never seen a complaint about Mark''s work. I also agree with Rich that it doesn''t come cheap...also most of Mark''s rings have at least some cast components, and at the high end of pricing like that I''d personally prefer hand fabrication.

Having had several custom pieces done, I went into another custom project with eyes wide open, and decided to go with someone highly reputed. I believe it is well worth paying Mark''s prices for a heirloom piece, as Rockdoc has mentioned of the quality of his work.

Whether cast or hand fabricated, the mark of a true craftsman is in the quality of his FINISHED product and how well it stands up to the test of time.

fatkid

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 11:35:31 AM
Author: elmo
also most of Mark''s rings have at least some cast components, and at the high end of pricing like that I''d personally prefer hand fabrication.

What part of his rings are casted? Does he do the casting himself or is it outsourced?

-r.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Will someone make a post showing off his work?

Does he do melee? pave?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 6:08:38 PM
Author: Moosejaw
Will someone make a post showing off his work?

Does he do melee? pave?
Type in his name up in the search box, and you''ll get many threads with his work in it.
2.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 5:56:01 PM
Author: fatkid
What part of his rings are casted? Does he do the casting himself or is it outsourced?
The shanks are usually cast; the rest depends on the design. He does everything himself, start to finish. Really nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results